Chapter 1

{Toby POV}

High school sucks but I know it is the only way to get any human interaction. My father only allows it so it keeps the human social workers off our case. Today had been a hell of a day and it was only second period. To start off father hounded me because I would rather go to school then sit in his precious clan meeting.

"You will be king one day, you need to start acting like it", he had said the anger in his voice was loud and clear.

"I do care about our clan and how to survive but I would also like to be an educated king as well" I retorted.

I walked out the door before he could say another word. I was so frustrated and felt alone even in a clan of five hundred lycans. I knew I had to be strong for my clan but I just wish it wasn't such a high responsibility. I tend to crumble under pressure and that was a huge no no when it came to being king. People's lives will be in my hands and I knew one wrong move could kill us all.

As my thoughts continued to wonder I suddenly stopped with a thud. I hadn't been paying attention and had ran right into the back of a long-legged blonde that was smoking hot and maybe weighed a buck twenty soaking wet.

"Hey watch it" she yelled.

"I am so sorry", I replied "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going".

"Obviously", she said with a grin as she eyed me up and down. "I am new here and am completely lost would you mind helping me out"

"Not a problem", I quickly scanned her schedule and realized we had the same class. "Right this way"

"By the way I'm Ariel", she said.

"I'm Toby and it is very nice to meet you", I smiled.

My heart was pounding in my chest as we traveled down the hallway to English. This girl was obviously fit and had an ass that would make J-Lo jealous. She had long legs and was thin but still curvy in all the right places. I couldn't help but imagine those long legs around my waist with her moaning my name. I had to snap myself back to reality as we reached class right as the tardy bell rang.

***************

{Ariel POV}

I hate always being the new kid in school but when you are a werewolf hunter moving is pretty much a necessity. I never knew who was after me or when they would strike but I loved the thrill of never knowing what might happen next. I was looking for English class when suddenly I was almost knocked on my ass.

"Hey watch it", I yelled and I as I turned my breath caught.

This was definitely unexpected. Toby Blackburn, my target had just ran into me without even knowing who I was. This was way to easy I thought to myself as he eyed me up and down. He had no idea who I was but I knew everything about him. Or at least his father anyway.

Aston Blackburn had killed my family out of pure hate for werewolf hunters. He had been searching for the person responsible for killing his wife and had killed many innocents along the way. My parents and older sister had unfortunately been some of the innocents who were brutally murdered.

Everything in me wanted to rip Toby's head off and be done with this cherade but I wanted him to suffer. He needed to lose someone close to him. I have a plan. I will make him fall in love with me then toss him to the curb and make him watch as I kill his precious father.

It seemed so easy, so why did I have a flutter in my chest when he looked me in the eyes? I suddenly had a feeling I was in for a lot more trouble than I thought. It will be worth it though to see the light in Aston's eyes slowly fade away.