Foreword

Copyright © 2017 by Ashlyn Heart.

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Read With Caution

This novel contains triggering themes such as self-harm and mental health disorders such as depression, bulimia and body dysmorphia. I do not go into detail about any of the said issues, they're only mentioned briefly.  This book in does not aim to encourage the said themes, but aims to raise awareness. There is also a fair bit of swearing. 

Synopsis

What happens when you're attracted to someone struggling just as hard as you are?

A messy breakup can leave you in a dark place, and the way Isabel Carter learns to deal with her fragile state is by moving to Elm Scott Senior High. Luckily, her new friends are fantastic, and will do anything to help her on her road to recovery.

Elijah Ryan is intimidating and standoffish as hell. He has a reputation for being in a permanently bad mood, and also a reputation for being a bit of a jerk. It's clear to everyone that he is battling his inner demons, and because of this, Isabel believes he is the only one that truly understands.

Chase Dawson is not happy with Isabel's newfound interest in his arch nemesis' little brother. He firmly believes that putting two unhappy people together will only result in a toxic relationship. You can't help someone heal when you're suffering from your own wounds.

Does Chase simply want Isabel to be happy, or is he, perhaps, overreacting due to his own unrequited feelings?

Author's Note

This is my first attempt at a proper novel on Wattpad. It won't be brilliant, but it's a start. This is the first draft and I already know that I haven't conveyed things and worded things to the best of my ability, but I hope to fix it all when I re-write it. I hope you guys it enjoy it nevertheless. 

- Ashlyn