The Escape

Lennie burst out into the brush, sweat rolling down his face and breathing heavily. His big meaty palms shook, but hey that could have also been because he just broke someone's neck instead of lack of oxygen but I'm no doctor. He plops down by the creek and began crying heavily. Moans of "Oh George" and "not my rabbits" echoed across the water. Lennie rolled over and felt something pointy under his butt. He reached down under there and pulled out a old, discarded lamp. Lennie thought it was a dead mouse, so his face fell. Absentmindedly he began petting the lamp. All of a sudden, the genie from Aladdin (the movie not to be invented for the next 30 years; nothing in this story is historically accurate) burst out of the tip of the lamp.

"HELLLOOOOO EVERYBODY!!!" The genie sung. He looked around for his adoring audience and found only Lennie. He sighed.

"What do you wish, kid?"

Lennie clapped his hands wildly. He remembered this story! George had read it to him during one of their nightly cuddles sessions. Lennie swallowed his screams of excitement and started stammering and shouting,
"I-I want to be a big- or two- or, I know I want to be a huge rabbi-"

George was cut off when he heard the sound of approaching footsteps. "Oh no I better hurry or George will be mad that I'm talking to strangers"thought Lennie.

"I-I wish for a big- rabbit- I want to be a...a... A piece of rabbit alfalfa!" 

In his haste Lennie jumbled up the words of his wish.

The footsteps got closer, and suddenly men with guns thundered into the bush to find only a sole piece of alfalfa in their midst.