5. Life with the war pirates

oioiiiii idek anymore what's happening in this story lol just go with it. Also pls give corrections/ suggestions 😊
also, recap bc y'all have prob forgotten what's happened:
-Gerald was captured by queen Elizardbeth
-The war pirates helped him escape
-The war pirates complain loads
---------------------------------------------------------

There are three steps to perfecting the art of being a war pirate, or so the they claimed. Learning these steps became tricky, however, as the majority of the pirates had jumped at the opportunity to inform Gerald as to what these were. They had no leader as such, so deciding who was to carry out this task became quite problematic.
One pirate, going by the name of Garathbeard, insisted upon a battle to the death. Needless to say, this suggestion was quickly dismissed. Garathbeard frowned and was saddened by their reaction. He had quickly become a great friend to Gerald, seeing as he was the newest of the war pirates, having arrived merely weeks prior to the grand lizard escape.
Whilst the war pirates clustered into groups, shouting profanities and insults at every suggestion made, Garathbeard pulled Gerald to the side. Gerald glanced around at his surroundings properly for the first time. Having been dragged to the centre of the crowd, he hadn't seen that they were, in fact, aboard a huge ship. The ship was clustered with coils of rope and the deck was dangerously slippery due to the sea water, which rushed over the sides of the ship whenever a wave washed by.
Garathbeard told Gerald about the war pirates -- A mini history lesson, if you will.
He told the tale of how all of the war pirates had once been regular people. Many had either become bored of their everyday lives or rescued like Gerald was. The war pirates rescued many a damsel in distress and they were practically famous for it. One pirate had taken it upon himself to write a rescue guide, in which the first page read:
Someone in danger

is never a stranger;

If you need help

give us a yelp;

And a hand we will lend

for you are a friend.

Despite the groans and grumbles -- and terrible rhymes -- Gerald knew that the war pirates had their hearts set in the right places.
The war pirates continued to converse in huddles, slightly less noisily than previously and Gerald sat with Garathbeard at the edge of the boat. They dangled their legs over the edge in silence as the others made their way below deck group by group. The sun began to set and very soon the darkness had shrouded the unfamiliar ocean, marking the end of Gerald's first day with the war pirates.