Chapter 4: Carter

"WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!" I yelled in frustration.

As you can see, I've woken up from my little moment, I'd say, and I'm fully alive. Even if I'm freaking out...

"I don't know... Stop yelling!" Amy defended, having dealt with my freak out sessions a billion times.

What?! Yes, I'm normal! ...

"DOTHEY WANT A DOG?! DO THEY WANT A CHILD?! DO THEY WANT A FREAKING TURTLE FOR ALL I KNOW?!" I freaked, stressing over basically nothing.

I do this a lot, but when it has something to do with my favorite idols and coming to town, you have to freak.

I mean...what if their adopting?! What if they came here?!

My breathing rate quickened at that thought. Amy went wide eyes and rises out of the room, coming back with a glass of water moments later.

She quickly handed it to me and I gulped it down, breathing heavily afterwards.

"Amy....?" I asked hesitantly.

"yes?!" she asked. I could tell she was being careful with what she said, because she wouldn't know if I'd flip any moment.

You would too if your idols may adopt you:P.

"what if they adopt me?!" I asked, a grin spreading across my face at the thought.

"C, I'm going to make this as easy as I can..." she said, placing her hands on my shoulders," you don't know what their going to do. Maybe their only getting another dog. I don't know, you don't know. All we know is that their expanding in some way... And, even if they are adopting, you cant get your hops up. They are plenty of orphanage's in the Niagara region. Even though they'd be lucky to have such a talented and beautiful girl such as yourself... You don't know." she said calmly, her serious side coming out.

That little speech hit me like a truck. I don't actually know what they'll do. I'm just jumping right to the occasion that they're going to adopt. I don't actually know..and Amy's right.

"you're right." I sighed, looking down.

"I know I am." she said, maintaining a serious face.

I looked up at her to see her smirking. I hit he over the head with my pillow.

"oh... So that's how you want to play, eh?!" she asked, picking up my other pillow and hitting me with it.

"yeah, it is." I said, hitting her repeatedly as she did the same.

We kept yelling at each other, laughing the whole time... Until the door barged open.

"GIRLS! GIRLS!" Maddy yelled, trying to gain our attention. We went silent and awkwardly turn our heads to Maddy.

"The adopters are here, and I suggest you climb out that window before someone notices you're here." Maddy whispered, motioning to Amy.

Our eyes widened and I started to freak out, fixing my hair and my outfit with Amy's help.

"Good?" I asked her, looking her dead in the eye.

"good." she confirmed, tossing me a smile.

"good luck." she whispered giving me a hug before climbing out the window and down the tree. I watched her climb down, and once I turned m head I heard a thud.

I worriedly looked back out the window to see Amy laying on the ground, groaning.

"you okay?!" Maddy whispered down to her from beside me.

Amy wearily lifted a thumbs up and we smiled, closing the window before rushing down to the grand hall.

We lined up along with the other children of the orphanage. Miss Merrygold, our orphanage owner stood in front of us all, sending a smile.