Chapter 3

I approached the front desk. I slipped behind it and turned on the cash register. I then walked back to the door and turned the sign making the open side visible to the public. I set my purse down on the desk and sat on a chair behind it. I opened the schedule book and scanned for the first appointments of the day. There were two pairs of initials on the page:
E.D. & G.D. for 9:00 a.m.

I squealed a little inside but tried to keep myself calm. I was way too excited for my first day. I should be more like my mom or dad or sister who were all nervous on their first day. Oh, I should have mentioned that I cone from a long line of tattoo artists.

It all began with my grandpa when he decided permanent ink on your skin was beautiful. This was my dad's dad and as he grew up he caught on to the idea as well. He pursued his dream to be just like his dad. He worked in a shop for a few months and soon started to get bored of it. He doubted his passion and was ready to quit. This happened to be the same day my mom showed up to work. He was first fascinated by her technique so he decided to stay around for a while to learn her ways. My mom soon realized by the third day of him following her around. They soon hit it off as my mom is a very calm, quiet, and skilled person at what she does. My dad is a very funny and as Mom put it charming.

Two years later my parents got married. The next year my older sister,Andrea, was born. Three years later after I was born. Then two years later my younger brother, Brandon, was born. My sister was very into art and established at a young age she wanted to do the same thing as my parents.

It took me awhile though. I guess I needed to understand what the writing and drawings on people's skin meant to them. That's what I later found out I enjoyed the most about it. The seconds after the masterpiece was revealed to them and their face lit up or the emotions spilling out of them. The glow they would get when they know they could admire it. There was no fear that someone else would dislike it or they wouldn't get the job they wanted because they did this to their body and they did it for a perfect reason. Before any of this came into my head I wanted to be an astronomer. The stars were always lovely to stare at at night. I was obsessed with the stars and the galaxies. My sheets were galaxies and there were stars taped all around my walls. Still to this day I am somewhat obsessed hints my northern lights wallpaper in my bedroom.

My brother on the other hand decided he wanted to be a tennis player. My whole family supported him. We didn't want him to feel left out just because he wasn't a tattoo artist. He knew a lot though, we all did growing up with Mom, Dad and Grandpa being the family tattoo artists but he fulfilled his dream and became a professional tennis player.

Lastly to Kendra my cousin and coworker. She first wanted to do piercings but found out she would be seeing blood daily. She couldn't handle that so she gave the tattoo artist life a chance. It actually came naturally to her from our grandpa. So now I work with my cousin at my grandpa's old workplace and where my parents met and fell in love. As I finished my thoughts I heard the cling from the bell on top of the door. I look up to see two incredibly gorgeous human beings who I didn't even know could exist.

Sorry I haven't updated this story. Hopefully I can write Chapter 4 soon. I'm excited for it. Also the twins are announcing something later today and I don't really know what it is but I'm hoping it's something about tour.