The Shadows Among Us- Chapter Zero

Dust and debris flew around everywhere. She knew that she had done it. It was dusty and her left leg was killing her, she had probably broken it. She limped around trying to find out if anyone survived. A piece of debris moved. Steve Rogers emerged, coughing and spluttering.

"Steve!" She ran over to him and helped him up. Once Steve saw who it was he pushed her away.

"You did this. I don't need your help." She stepped back.

"I'm sorry, I know it's all my fault." Steve looked away from her, and when he did his eyes widened. She followed his gaze to a heavily wounded woman.
"Natasha!" She ran over to her, tears formed in her eyes. Steve pull the bits of debris of Natasha's limp form.

"Natasha?" Steve said softly, as if trying to wake her. The girl placed her fingers on Natasha's neck, trying to find a pulse. She fell into tears. Steve looked down hollowly.

"There no pulse isn't there." The girl wiped away her tears, then proceed to do CPR on Natasha's lifeless body.

"No, I'll make her have a pulse!" Shouted the girl. Steve grabbed her and dragged her away.
"No! Let me help her!" The girl kept shouted, kicking at him. Steve sat her down on the ground.

"Listen," Steve said sturdily. The girl stopped her crying and looked up at Steve.
"She's dead." The girls head dropped and she burst out crying.

"Not yet..." She sobbed.
"Please, not yet."