Chapter Eight

THE warmth of the sun's rays on her face woke Nina from her slumber. There were droplets of sweat on her forehead when she touched it.

She felt uncomfortably pissed.

She still wanted to sleep as she did not have a restful one last night. Thanks to Neil, she had to share with Felicity's bed, which was a single type of bed.

And speaking of Felicity?

Her hand reached for her friend but found her side empty. Her eyes automatically opened and searched.

There was no sign of Felicity around.

She scowled the moment her eyes landed on Neil, who was sitting on her bed while looking at her. He gave her a shy smile which she answered with a glare.

"Why are you still here?" she asked as she sat up on Felicity's bed, facing Neil. She woke up pissed with the sun's rays and got more pissed when she saw Neil looking at her and even more pissed that she felt conscious with the way he looked at her.

"I was waiting for you to wake up," he said, she then saw him stood up and walked on a small side table at the corner of the room. Her eyebrows arched with what she saw on top of that.

There was a thermos, two cups, a plastic bag and a brown bag which looked like those bags used for pandesal.

Did he wait for me just to join him for breakfast?

She felt a faint sweet sensation on her chest. Something that stirred a little part of her ever-cold emotion toward Neil.

Just what the Nina!

She shook her head, stood up, went straight to the bathroom and washed up.

Neil was sitting on her bed when she went out of the bathroom. In his front was the small side table where their breakfast was at. Her eyes went back to Neil who seemed to have not noticed her yet. He was busy munching on the pandesal he was holding. Her eyes focused on his lips. Those lips who had stolen a kiss on the corner of hers. Of which had left her puzzled.

She knew Neil was not the showy type of guy, neither was he a romantic. He was her very definition of dull without explanation. And unfortunately, had to bear with it. He was her forced husband after all.

She sighed.

Just until when will this last?

"Nina," was the monotonous toned voice called. Getting her off her reverie. Her eyes met his gaze. She scowled trying to hide her smile when he looked away. It seemed that she had her staring contest power back.

"Why are you drunk last night?" She asked the moment she had settled on Felicity's bed. Neil placed the small side table between her and Felicity's bed. She took the steaming coffee with cream cup and had a sip while looking at Neil. Her eyebrow arched.

How did he know?

She placed the cup on the table. She was surprised that he knew what she wanted with her coffee. She kept her mouth shut regarding the coffee. He must had asked her Yaya Loleng about it.

She waited for his answer that she knew was futile as it had always been left unanswered most of the time.

"You came here drunk, caused me embarrassment and making this whole place know our nonsense relationship with each other with your blabbering," she said as he gave him a glare, "What's your problem?"

She saw him looking at her, amusement evident in his eyes and a smile formed on his lips. Something that she was not expecting from him at all!

"What?" She spat feeling irritated.