Three

The first night went quietly. The rogues didn't dare challenge the new Alphas again tonight, especially on claimed territory-and with an escort. 

Sam didn't seem notice that he and his sister were being followed. He was having too good of a time goofing around in his magnificent new form to hear the numerous heartbeats not 200 yards away, down the tree line. Emerson however, was acutely aware of their entourage. She knew they lingered just out of site, and she didn't mind, somehow knowing that if they had not attacked yet, that they meant no real harm.  Even so, she kept a calm watch on the edge of the trees.

When the two finally felt like it was time to return to the place they'd come, Sam took off running the way they's come. Emerson, paused a moment, her head peering over her shoulder directly at Lochlain. He froze under her intense gaze. She snorted and then bared her impressive teeth, as if to tease him, and turned, taking off in a sprint after her brother.  He let out a slow and shuttered breath. He felt himself smile, clearly and completely enamoured with the young female. 

"Feisty," Dane murmured even in his mind link.  

Lochlain led the rest of the guard back toward the big house. He imagined that the Alphas had already made it there, they enjoyed the enormous speed that they were now capable of, like any other wolf. When the group sauntered into the clearing the two wolves sat alone near the house, looking up at the sky. The guard, Dane and Lochlain all stopped in their tracks, unsure of what to do. Obviously provoking the young twins was not a good idea. Lochlain nodded at his guard, signalling them to sneak around the treeline to the front of the house. Dane hesitated, knowing the young alpha planned to stay behind, but unsure of the result that would create.

At last, Dane slipped back into the trees, but only slowly made his way around, keeping a watchful eye on the Alphas.  Lochlain stepped closer to the pair.  He was not so silent as he had thought, and the grey wolf's head swung back in his direction. The intense eyes of the two young males met, but Lochlain sensed no aggression. It seemed that the calm of his sister had kept Sam calm as well, and he no longer sensed his rival to be much of a threat at all.

Although the blonde wolf did not look at him, she knew he was there, but she sensed only curiousity, and his lack of aggressive intent kept her from reacting to his presence.  She meerly stared up at the moon, the wolf had taken over since her shift, as she could think of nothing else but the pride and excitement of this new and glorious form. But now, with the tranquility of the night, her human mind began to return to the forefront.

She thought of her father, and of her pack. She thought of how she watched as the rogues burned their homes, and killed her people. She thought of all the pain and devastation that she and her brother had gone through that night. She became all consumed by her greif. She didn't even notice that her form had melted back to a human until Lilly had slid a blanket over her shoulders. She was crumbled to the grass, and closed her eyes. Large warm arms embraced her, and her newly heightened senses told her it was Sam. She never realized before that he had such a recognizable scent, but it was always implanted into her memory. She would never forget his scent, the scent of home.

Sam lifted his sister into his arms, wrapped like a baby in blankets, and looked to the Luna for direction. His voice was deep and powerful when he spoke, the change hadn't just adjusted his physical form, "I imagine- you have been expecting us-" his voice did not waver, and nothing gave away how deeply the grief affected him.

Lilly nodded, "We have prepared- but we prayed this would not come to pass," she aknowledged, feeling guilty at not having done more.

"Yes well, that is something we will have to discuss later," His eyes bore sadness, but his tone hinted at anger.