Chapter 5 = The Incoming Ship?

Mavis' POV

It's been a week since I've been accepted into the Phoenix Drop Guards and it's better than I could've ever imagined. Everyone is so kind and many have been helping me with my skills. I've spared with pretty much every guard many times. They now call me the Ninja of Phoenix Drop and I have a special dark blackish red cloak to match. It goes all the way to my ankles and has a hood which hides my identity really well. I also have a bow and a bunch of arrows strapped on my back for long distance, and a pink, small, sword strapped to my side for close combat.   

(Imagine the blue is actually pink)

When I am on duty I patrol around the Doc, Irene Shrine, and the Plaza

When I am on duty I patrol around the Doc, Irene Shrine, and the Plaza. I think my most loved place to be would be sitting by the Irene Shrine, watching the ever flow of water fall off the mountain side. Making a beautiful waterfall. Which is where I am now.

I looked out to the ocean, a boat, heading for our shore and the flag.

Where have I seen that before??

Whatever, I need to go warn Lady Aphmau! I quickly pull my hood over my head and jumped down the stairs, front flipped, and landed on my feet. I jumped into the trees and hopped from branch to branch. Pulling myself up over the taller ones that led to the tree outside Lady Aphmau's home. She was sitting on a bench with Garroth on guard beside her, their backs facing me, they watched Levin and Malachi play in the sand box. From the tree I was in, I jumped and landed onto the fence behind them. I sat there, my legs dangling, barely scraping the ground. I hit my knee on the back of the bench lightly to gain her attention.

"Lady Aphmau, there's a ship heading for our Doc." I said. She turned around startled.

"Mavis?!? My Irene you pop up out of nowhere don't you? Next time you must warn me." She said with a smile. Making me giggle slightly.

"I knocked my knee against the bench though." I said with a smirk. She laughed.

"Must've not felt it then. Anyways, what did you say about a ship?" She asked.

"Oh, yes, there's a ship with a familiar looking flag. I got a weird feeling from it so I came as fast as I could to warn you." I answered.

"Do you know where the ship came from or who it belongs to?" She asked, I shook my head as no.

"How long until it gets here?" Garroth asked, I tilted my head to him.

"About an hour at most." I replied and he nodded.

"I'll go see if I know who it might belong to," he said to Lady Aphmau. "Watch over her for me." He said. I nodded and he rushed down the hill toward the Doc.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be of more use, My Lady." I said meekly, bowing my head. She raised my head and laughed, I just stared.

"Don't be sorry, you're already helpful!" She giggled. I smiled.

"Lady Aphmau!" Garroth yelped as he ran up the stairs by twos. Tripping on the last one. I quickly got up and helped my superior to his feet.

"Thank you Mavis," he said turning his head to me before giving Lady Aphmau all his attention. " My Lady, the ship belongs to Okasis!". Hearing those words she quickly called Levin and Malachi to her side. "Go with Mavis, Okay?" She whispered to them and the nodded before running to me to give me a hug. I hugged them back slightly.

"Lady Aphmau?" I asked pointing to them as they hugged my legs.

"Do you know where the Old Lord's home is?" She asked and I nodded quickly, "Good, bring them there and get Kiki to watch them. Then come back, stay hidden and make sure nobody sees you while you're on your way back or when you arrive. Understood?" I quickly nodded and got the boys to sit on my back, I quickly but carefully jumped from tree to tree to get to the farm.

Garroth's POV

"Would you want me to tell the others?" I asked as Mavis flew through the trees. She nodded.

"Tell the villagers to stay inside their homes, lock their doors and windows. Geet Laurence, Dante, Katelyn, Nicole, Lucinda, and Kawaii-Chan to help with the task. Afterwards have everyone meet me at the Doc." She replied as she opened her front door and was about to enter, waiting for my reply.

"Yes My Lady, right way." I said. She nodded and entered her house as I rushed to the Plaza.

(15 minutes later)

Mavis' POV

Kiki carried Levin on her back as I carried Malachi, we are almost to the Old Lord's home.

"Miss.Mavis?" Kiki asked, "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"Miss.Kiki, I told you that wasn't necessary." I said, implying to the nickname.

"If you get to call me Miss.Kiki then I get to call you Miss.Mavis." She said sternly.

I sighed "Yes, I do."

"Would you mind telling me?" She asked, Irene she's persistent.

"Okasis ship heading to the Doc." I answered quickly as I opened the door to the old house. She only nodded, "Speaking of which, where's your child?" I asked tilting my head slightly to the right after we both set the kids down and they went to go play with each other.

"She's with Molly." She replied sadly. I touched her shoulder in comfort.

"If you hear anything, and I mean anything. Take the kids down to the basement and lock the iron door, don't make a peep. Only open if I, Lady Aphmau, or another guard you know is behind the door. Understood?" I said sternly. She nodded and I opened the charred front door.

"Be careful!" She said as I was about to jump into the trees.

"You too." I turned my head around and smiled. She smiled back and flew through the trees. Leaving her with the children.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I worked really hard on this chapter since I havent worked on this story in literally forver. Also I'm already working on the next chapter so dont worry. It should be coming out soon. I might only be updating on the weekends, but if I do update during the week then it's just your guys' lucky day. 

Love you all!!!