Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It was Friday. What is so great about Friday, you ask? Well, besides the fact it is the end of a long and hard school week, the Anaheim Ducks are playing tonight. So what? Well, Luke and I have planned to meet up and watch the game tonight at his place.

“I’ll pick you up at around 5:00, and then we’ll head to my house,” Luke said.

“Sure. That sounds good,” I commented.

“Okay, see you tonight,” then he went to hop on his bus.

Right on queue, my mom pulled up in the car.

~

“Hello, Luke. Emily should be down in a second,” I heard mom say from down stairs as she opened the door.

“How are you doing?” dad asked shaking hands with Luke.

“Good, sir. And you?” Luke asked.

“Well, great now. Honey, when was the last time you heard someone call me sir,” dad asked turning to my mom.

“Emily, the last time you went all general sergeant on her,” mom replied. Luke laughed at that.

“Hey, Luke,” I greeted him warmly as I bounded down the stairs wearing my Anaheim Ducks jersey.

Luke smiled up at me as I came down, “Hey, Em. Your parents are very nice. I must say, I thought that when you talked about them, you were over exaggerating.”

“Why thank you, Luke,” mom said blushing.

“So, what are you two doing tonight,” dad asked as I walked to Luke’s side, still staring at him.

Taking his eyes off of me and shifting them to my dad, Luke responded, “We were just going to order in pizza and watch the Anaheim Ducks verses the Pittsburg Penguins.”

“Have fun then,” mom said walking to the kitchen.

“Bye, mom and dad,” I said slipping out the door with Luke on my heels.

“It was nice to meet you, again,” Luke said politely.

~

“Hey, mom and dad. This is Em, I mean Emily,” Luke corrected himself by saying my full name. We were at Luke’s house now with his parents in front of us, along with his little twelve year-old sister.

“So this is the famous Emily we have heard so much about,” Luke’s father said.

“Well, I wouldn’t say famous. But I am hoping my acting career will take off soon,” I replied jokingly.

We had a little laugh at my joke, “You were right about her sense of humor, Luke,” his mother said.

Luke’s sister stepped forward and offered her hand, “Hello, I am May Belle, but please call me Belle.”

“Hello, Belle. It is nice to meet you,” I said shaking her hand.

“Ditto,” she smiled at me. Her smile was the same as Luke’s; you could tell they were related.

“We’re just going to head down to the basement,” Luke said starting to lead the way.

“All right. It was nice to finally meet you, Emily,” his mother said.

“Like wise,” I said following Luke.

Luke’s basement was very roomy. It had a couch on the left wall shaped like an L in a nice chocolate colour that matched the rug and the stone that lined the fireplace, which was lit right now, on the back wall. The black plasma T.V. was hung on the wall opposite the couch.