Chapter 2

Jared's POV

I don't even wait for her to say yes. I take out my gym bag and shove it in her arms. I took out my MP3 player and put in my yellow earbuds. I plug them in my ears and hum along to the tune of " Give You Hell" by All American Rejects. I can't help but stare at her as she is on the way back to her house to change into MY clothes. I sit on the curb back where she was. I sigh and close my eyes. Finally the bus pulls up.

Adlinia's POV

I stare at this boy's beautiful face. Before I can say or do anything he says I can say or do anything he shoves his gym back into my arms. I don't know if he said anything because I was too busy staring into his deep chocolate brown eyes. Stunned I walked back home to change. My mother still wasn't home yet so she must have gone with friends. I change into his clothes. A summer jam T-shirt and his basketball shorts. I pull on the Nike socks and puma shoes. The bus is just pulling away but I caught it just in time. As I'm on the bus I close my eyes and sigh. I look down and see my scars from my cutting. I gasp and remember I forgot my hoodie. I also see these clothes swallow me up. I look to my left and see him looking at me.

Jared's POV

I look at her sitting in the back of the bus. My clothes swallow her up completely. I smirk and then can't help it but I keep on staring at her. I notice a couple of bruises on her legs and arms with a lot of scares. I didn't think anything of it though. The bus pulls into the school and everyone gets out. It's November but it is my first day. I just moved from Atlanta, Georgia to Austin, Texas two months ago. Why didn't I start then you ask? Well we had the unpacking and my mom and dad had to get a job. So it's now my first day at South Desert Texas High School. I go to the lunch room to eat breakfast. Then that's when it happened...