Stalker

Natasha Romanoff had a stalker

She may have never seen him, but she could feel him. She could sense a presence, an eerie, dark, presence that she just knew was him, even though she had no idea who he was, exactly. It started in Odessa, when she was given the mission to get some engineer that was apparently top priority to one of S.H.I.E.L.D's bases. It was all going smoothly - she got in, got the engineer, and was on the road to S.H.I.E.L.D's base, Odessa's roads and scenery all around her. And then it went south. Turned out another orgination wanted the engineer just as badly, if not more, than S.H.I.E.L.D did. Natasha's car got flipped, the driver and other agents, if they weren't killed in the crash, were shot when the people she now knew to be HYDRA came. Nat managed to get both her and the engineer out. She was covering him, fighting them off while protecting him the best she could at the same time. Since HYDRA couldn't shoot around Nat, they shot him straight through her. She leaned against the car, applying pressure to the wound while simultaneously shooting every HYDRA agent in her sight. But even with Nat's Red Room training, it wasn't enough. She was surrounded, out numbered, and injured. Her mission had just completely blown up in her face, and there was no way to call for help. Her chances were very slim. 

And then, he showed up. She never saw him, but she knew it was him. One minute there were HYDRA agents all around her, the next every single one of them were dead on the floor. And ever since, he's been her guardian angel.

It wasn't like a part of Nat didn't like the idea of someone other than Steve or Clint or Sam looking out for her. At least, at first she did. It was nice thinking someone had her back, especially after she found out half of her S.H.I.E.L.D. friends were HYDRA rats. However, it had a creepy sense to it. Here was someone who saved her everytime she came close to death on any given mission she went on, yet she couldn't find a single thing on him. There were never any clues as to who he was or what he wanted, or why he was doing what he was doing. She brought Steve, Tony, and Bruce into the loop, and even they couldn't find anything. She had figured he might have been a trained assassin - the shots he took were skilled and precise, and he was quiet about it like asssasins usually are, quiet and quick, leaving no tracks behind they don't want to be found - but if Tony freaking Stark couldn't find anything on him, that meant he was trained beyond Natasha. He was a ghost, a badass, sniper-God ghost, and the thought of some guy stalking Natasha seemed to outweigh the idea of some secret guardian angel.

******************

She was beautiful beyond measure, all grace to her violence, skilled in every way he could imagine. A real masterpieace in a world of death and destruction. He had been watching for quite some time now, even before Odessa. He had first seen her when she was in disguise during one of her missions in Omaha, and he had been fascinated by her ever since. He didn't mean for her to know he was around. It was supposed to be a quiet affair. He would follow her and watch her, just watch her do whatever the heck it was she did. She did it with such elegance, such beauty. She fought, infiltrated, and even murdered with such...class, if there even was such a thing in this kind of context. It was the opposite of what he had felt when he had been what HYDRA had turned him into. Sure, he was good at what he did. But it wasn't beautiful. Not like her.