Chapter Four ~ Sitting In The Park

Sitting on the living room sofa I look at mum who sits across from me. It's Friday and it is after school. Mum said she has something important to tell me. Dad isn't here so I'm worried.

"Chiyo" Mum starts "Your father and I have been fighting for the past week and we know you have been hearing parts of our rows but not all of it. Your father wants to move to England because he has been offered a really good job, but I have reclined the idea because you have school and you are happy here, I am happy here. So...your father and au wants to get divorced"

The word 'divorced' echoes around my head. I have always been afraid that this would happy one day and I have always wondered how I would cope but now I know.

"I see" I say standing up giving mum a smile which was completely fake "I am really sorry to hear that haha. I'll be going to my room now, please don't disturb me"

"Ah okay please don't be afraid to talk to me" Mum says.

"There is nothing to talk about" I say coldly walking up the stairs. I just want to be on my own. And when I mean only, I mean. Forever.

Grabbing a duffle bag I start to shove stuff inside, mainly clothes. Chucking my purse, phone, passport and all I could inside. I leave my bed, ps3 player and all it's came. Some old clothes and some photos.

I place my goodbye note on Mum's bedroom desk where she always goes before going to bed. Sneaking to the front door I say goodbye to Cho giving him a big hug and promise I will come back for him when I have my own place and a part time job.

Shutting the door quietly I make my way down the road. I pull out a picture from my short pocket, the picture is Cho.

Entering the park I sit on a bench my duffle bag on my lap. Looking down I sigh. I already wonder if mum knows I'm gone. I told her I'm staying a friends for a while, while I have a think. To be honest I have no idea where I am going to sleep tonight or what to do for food. I could get a hotel but then I won't have enough money for food, if I buy food there is no money for a place to stay.

I could just live in the park but someone might come along and kidnap me. It could rain or snow. Okay I don't think it will snow but it could rain and I will be soaked. I bet it will rain.

Raindrops start to fall on top on my head. Great, I just jinxed it. I start to get soaked. I cover my duffle bag with my body.

"Oi"

Looking up I see Natsume looking down to me.

"What are you doing here in this weather with a duffle bag?" He asks me.

I look down. I would talk about it but right now my heart is aching.

"Did something happen?" He asks.

I keep myself quiet.

"Would you like to stay at my place?" He asks looking down to me "You are my sister's friend after all I am happy to help and you can stay as long as you want. I promise I won't do anything. I'll even sleep on the floor"

Looking up to him I am surprise but like this, I can't refuse the offer. And to be honest, Natsume looks like he won't let me be on my own out here.

Standing inside his flats I look around. It small but it sure is a nice place. I see two cats on the sofa meowing.

"This Tsubaki and Azusa" He says lifting the cats up.

"Your twin brothers?" I ask

"Actually we are triplets. I was in a different stack" He says and then changes the subject by pointing to a door "You can have a shower or bath if you want, there is a lock on the door and clean towels"

"Ah thanks" I say and turn to him "Thank you for letting me stay here"

"Don't mention it" He says.