Our Revolution

Aislin wake up! You're going to be late for school! It was exactly eight o"clock in the morning and like any other day, my mom was so uniform and precise that it was almost as if she was part machine. Still, she was a good mom who had compassionate heart, and anyone who was near her couldn't help feeling either jealous or admiring of her.

My alarm clock continued to blare out country music until I forcefully slammed my hand down on the button. Since my parents couldn't find any other way to wake me up on time for highschool, they had to use what music I hated most in all of the world, country music. It all started in first grade when while I was on stage playing my five note songs the strings on my guitar all just snapped and everyone started laughing So every morning I wake up to the excruciatingly loud tune of the bango playing. I slipped out of bed, did a quick hair and face check put on some slippers and headed downstairs.

I went to the kitchen and sat down for our usual table talk of either gossip or politics. "Is Martinez running for governor again?" Dad asked. "Yes and so is Fisher, Mom replied "Now there is definately going to be a dogfight between those two, and especially after his daughter was dumped by his son...." I soon stopped listening to their conversation as my mind began to wander elseware, I had two huge semester tests in my physics and math APclasses . Out of the family I was the one with the big brain. Then the heavenly smell of fresh pancakes snapped me out of my daydream. Only one person could have made pancakes that smelled that good.

"Pancakes are ready!!" Maurica called in her signature sweet voice.

"Oh Maurica these are wonderfull!" Mom exclaimed and soon after Dad replied "So delicious!" "Thanks Mom, and your promise." Maurica said still pulling that sweet voice.

"It's on its way, The company had it custom made you know."

"Purrple dress and brown eyes?"

"Excactly."

"Thankyou so much!" she squealed and then excitedly ran out of the room. Maurica is sweet but its only skin-deep. She"s like sour candy. On the outside it's sweet and and mild until you get to the sour part and you meet that almost monster-like personality. That's her way of manipulating people to get what she wants. It also help that she is extraordinary for her age. she can paint, draw, sing, cook, and looks like an angel from heaven itself.

"Pancakes? alright!!" two mop haired brown eyed boys ran and slid into their seats. After the pancakes were set out in fromt of them they began to shove them into their mouths like garbage disposal trucks.

"Please, for once I would like to eat breakfast without your pancakes on my face," I replied while using my plate to block the flying globs of half chewed pancakes.

"Shut up Aislin, its not like anyone looks at your face anyway," one of the twins shot back.

"Nice!," the other replied.

When I was about to reach across the table and throttle them myself, mom intervened. "James, George it's Aislins first day of highscool and you both should be nice to her especially today out of all 365 days of the year," mom replied sternly. "Fine, though we guaruntee it won't happen the rest of those 364 days," they both said and then they skulked out of the room.

"Aislin, its 8:00 you should get going," Dad said.

"We love you honey," Mom chimed in.

I hugged them both and then walked out of the front door."Huh," I sighed after I walked down the steps from our house,"I wonder if everyone is still the same?"