The Announcement

Middle School, check!

My graduation was last week.

I'm officially not in middle school anymore!

I have a lot of plans this summer.

I'm going to three volleyball camps because, if you didn't know, I play volleyball.

I'm also going to be hanging out with friends as much as possible.

My family and I are also traveling to a couple of countries.

I think we're going on a cruise, and flying to a couple places.

I'm upstairs in my room, writing down all of our plans in my planner, when I hear my mom scream," Get down here guys!"

I ran down the stairs, hoping something wasn't wrong, and ended up having to shove my way in front of Mikey and Alisha.

"We have an announcement." My mother said, sounding and looking excited.

My parents looked at each other before shouting," We're moving!"

All three of us had our mouths opened.

At the same time we all started complaining about why we had to move and where we were moving and how hard it was going to be to make friends.

"Hey!" My mom screamed over our loud complaints.

She turned to me and said," Lauryn, will you come with me really quick please? I need to talk to you."

I followed her into her office.

She sat down at her desk and I stood in front of it

"I talked to Aspyn's mom." She told me.

"Ok...?" Confused as to how I should respond.

"I talked to her about us moving months before I even told your dad I wanted to move." She continued.

"She said she wanted a new start too. So, Aspyn and her family will be moving with us." My mom announced.

"Oh my gosh! Really?" I started jumping up and down.

"Yes." My mom replied excitedly.

"By the way, where are we moving?" I asked, realizing then that I didn't know where we were moving.

"Well, let's go out to the rest of them first, so I only have to say it once." My mom laughed, before leading me out of the room and into the living room.

"So, I'm now going to announce where we will be moving to." My mom declared.

We were all leaning forward in anticipation.