Chapter 15

Emily's POV:
"I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet Emily." The skeleton says. My brain is ticking with the familiarity. "Doesn't this room seem familiar? Doesn't my voice seem familiar?" He continues. "She did this to me my traitorous assistant Alphys. I am somewhere between living and energy filled with determination. Alphys threw me into the core." I am backed up against the door now, wanting to run away but also not. "Alphys?! Please that sweet little monster wouldn't hurt a fly! Why would you think she of all monsters did this to you?" I say, trying to summon my soul weapon. Any weapon for that matter. "I remember her lying to you before. Concerning Mettaton, her creation and the fact I displeased King Asgore. She is a compulsive liar and loves asgore so she threw me into the core. I was the former royal scientist." I close my eyes tightly and walk closer to the skeleton. "I...I don't know what to belive. Why should I belive you!? How am I supposed to belive that you are the former royal scientist. For all I know you could be working with my brother to try and KILL ME!" I can feel my temper rising, my emotions flying wildly out of control. Not many know this but I have both bipolar and multiple personality disorder, trust me, it isn't fun. "Ah yes Joseph Eadon or your brother as he is known has no recollection of me. As for me being the former royal scientist, just ask Sans. He will know the things I worked with on regarding magic, he did some experiments with me himself." My stomach does a flip at this sentence. Nobody knows our last name. But more importantly, he mentioned Sans. "How...how do you know him? Sans I mean." My knees are weak and I can't breath. "He is my son, so is Papyrus. I just want..." He is beginning to cry. "...to be with them again. Bring them to me please." He has his hands over his face but I can still see most of it because he has two massive holes on his palms, one hole on each hand. My brain is spinning, I am on the verge of tears. Gaster! I think, remembering our encounter while I was in a coma. "How...how am I supposed to belive your intentions are good? If there is one thing I have learnt from my time down here it is that you can't trust everyone you first meet. Sans and papyrus are very dear to me. I would never put them in danger." I am getting a grip again. "You don't have to, but i have been missing them for a very long time. They believe I am dead, I just want to give closure and apologise for being a lousy father after their mother died." Nope, I lost my grip again. I collapse against the wall, struggling for breath. "I am so sorry. I know how much a father would like to see his children. I am so sorry." I have my head in my hands. My tears are like acid against my hands. I'm not sure if that is my actual tears or if it is just me in the current emotional state. "it is fine, you don't need to cry. But I am only half dead, I'm not dust. You would know Emily. I know what you have done in other timelines." I look up at him. "What are you talking about? What other timelines? You know what, nevermind. And for the record, I have every right to cry. My father hasn't seen us since Rose was born. I sometimes hear him and mum fight for visitation over the phone. It's similar with you, Sans and Papyrus. They have thought you were dead for...how many years? And they have done it under false allogations too!" I say standing up, wiping my acid tears from my eyes. "Stay here, I will be right back." I say and teleport to the familiar house in snowdin.
---
I forget about the dizziness that I experience every time I teleport and open the door. At first they don't realise I'm here. "She has been gone for hours! What if something happened?" Sans says off it the distance. "Sans, you are being silly. I am sure she is just- Oh hello Emily." Papyrus says with a plate of spaghetti in hand. They are standing next to each other, both looking at me. Sans with worried eyes and Papyrus with oblivious ones. "Would you like some-" I grab their arms and fail to pull them towards the door. They are quite heavier than they appear to be. "No time we have to go somewhere." I say still trying to pull them and then stop. What am I doing? I can just teleport! I shake my head and grab their arms tighter. "Hold on." I say and we teleport right in front of the grey door.