Chapter 5

Location: Parth's house, 9pm.

The clock struck 9 and the doorbell of Parth's house started ringing time and time again, signalling the arrival of all of them. After everyone arrived, the idea of playing 'Truth or Dare' popped in.

"Guys, yeh truth aur dare mein koi truth bolta nahi hai, let's just keep dare." suggested Parth. Everyone agreed to him.

He went inside and brought a used plastic bottle. The six of them sat in a circle on the floor. Parth was opposite Uttu. On his right was Karan, opposite Krissann and to his left was Charlie. Veebha settled opposite Charlie.

"So, as everyone knows, the person towards whom the cap points is the victim and the one in front of the flat side gives the dare. Let's spin!" Karan said, officially commencing the game. Parth spinned as everyone held their breaths for the bottle to stop.

The cap pointed towards Charlie and the flat side said Veebha. She rubbed her hands, indicating there was something exciting on her mind. "Charlie, go next door, a girl lives there and behave like Mukti Vardhan will with a guy."

"There's no dare Charlie Chauhan cannot do." she said accepting it. She stood up and turned around to go. "Attitude mein dare to accept kar li, how am I gonna do it..." she muttered to herself. With a determined, oops, kinda constipated expression she walked out of the house. She changed her expression(after all, acting is her job) and rang the doorbell. The other five peeked from Parth's door which was kept ajar.

"Yes?" said the girl. She was typically a nerd. Overly oiled hair, big and boring spectacles, the thick IIT book in her hand and clothes dated ages ago confirmed it. "Hey." Charlie said in a hoarse voice and leaned on the frame of the door. "Dekhiye, main vaisi ladki nahi hu jaisa aap samaj rahi hai." she said meekly with a nervous expression . "Arey, mujhse kya chupna...chalo andar jaate hai." she said and took a step forward. "Nahi v-v-voh...a-aap k-k-kisi galat add-ress par aa gayi h-hai..." she said stammering. "Itna kyu darti ho? Open up." she seductively said and took another step forward. This was way too much for the girl to handle now. "Mummy! Bachaoo! Bachaoo!" he started shouting and ran inside his house while Charlie burst out laughing.

She entered Parth's house again. Everyone was clutcing their stomaches and laughing.

"Gosh...poor girl." Krissann said.

"I wonder yeh shaadi ke baad kya karegi?" Uttu said in between giggles.

A while later the laughs subsided and all of them regained their composure. The bottle went round again making Parth the victim and Uttu the dare giver.

"Ayee hayee mere sher. Tere liye toh dare sochni bhi nahi padegi. Chal lagaa call apni sherni ko and invite kar party mein." -Uttu

"Saale tujhe kuch aur nahi milta mere liye?" Parth said a bit irritated. But deep down, he also wanted to have Niti at the party, for they were friends now. It was perfect because it wouldn't be like he specially called her but still she would come. For him it was the ek teer se do nishaane moment.

"Okay Parth, baadme tell her it was a dare. Usko yaha aane ki zarurat nahi hai. Chalega?" Karan said. Karan tried to provide some releif to Parth but unknowingly he took away all his fantasies. Kowing he had no choice but to perform the dare Parth took out his phone and dialled Niti's number.

Niti was having dinner while watching TV when her phone rang. The caller ID displayed Parth. 'Why is he calling me at this time? Abhi toh party chal rahi hogi and as for now we aren't supposed to disclose anything to anyone.' she thought. Anyway she picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Niti, uhh, hi. Voh party hai and phone is on speaker toh..." he said trying to gesture her to be careful about what she says.

"Tu yeh sab kya bol raha hai, main baat bol naa." she heard Uttu's voice in the background and waited paitently for Parth to speak.

"Voh everyone wants you to join the party." he said nervously.

"Everyone?" Krissann questioned from the background.

"I mean... that... I want you... to share the fun... you know, sab hai... and you are missing out a great session isliye..." he said hesitantly.

"Tum kitna nervous hote ho Niti se baat karne mein." Charlie said.

"Haan bro, voh tumhe kha nahi jayegi" -Veebha.

"Niti toh bohot sweet hai, kuch nahi karegi." -Karan.

"Mai baat kar raha hoon naa, let me just talk to her." -Parth.

"You wanna talk to her so eagerly." -Krissann.

"Koi mujhe toh kuch bolne do." Niti said cutting their conversation. "What's going on? And why is he inviting me?" she asked after all of them became silent.

"Niti voh, Parth ka dare tha to call you and invite you for the party." Uttu said, putting an end to her oblivion.

"Oh.'' was all that left her mouth. For a moment she really thought she could go to the party. After all, she was another young girl who loved being with and having fun with her friends. The phone call made her want to go all the more. Yes, it was another attempt at teasing them but her wishes to go there increased.

"Niti, ab jab call kar hi liya hai toh tum aa jao naa." Charlie said, almost as if she read Niti's mind.

"Yeah, she's right, you should join in." Krissann seconded her.

"Haa, come naa Niti." Karan said.

"But Parth..." Niti said dboutfully, trying to give the hint to the others that they weren't comfortable around each other. Everyone thought she was contemplating the idea because it was Parth's house they were partying in and he controls all those who be a part of it.

"Ohh, I have no problem Niti. Tum bas aa jao." he said, a bit more enthusiastically. His wish had just been fulfilled. He silently thanked Charlie, Kriss and Karan for forcing her to come.

'Oh God, yeh ladka. Itna enthusiastically bolne ki kya zarurat thi. Kisi ne hint le liya toh kal sab mik kar hamaari shaadi hi karva denge.' she thought.

"Okay then. I'm leaving now. I'll reach in 20." she said and hurried for Parth's house, not wanting to waste a moment.

The thought of seeing each other, partying together induced a new energy the both of them and it brimmed on their faces in the form of a new glow, a twinkle in their eye and a smile on their lips. They thought it was just due to excitement but it was much more than what it looked like. Time ticked really slow for Parth who couldn't wait to see his new friend and for Niti, the distance from her house to Parth's had been increased by miles. He kept checking the time after every 30 seconds, each moment feeling like an eternity. His ears were open only for the sound of the doorbell, no other syllable was caught by them.  

Shaayad Yahi Hai Pyaarजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें