Chapter 8

Briar's POV

I ran as fast as I can, as far from Maddie as possible. I turned my head towards the hospital wing's direction, no one was following me....yet. Then I stopped, opened a door and sat on the nearest chair. I gasped for air.

"Why is Maddie in the way of everything. Just when I thought I could be queen, she ruins it all." I muttered to myself. "I have to get rid of her. For good. She will ruin everything I always wanted!" I screamed and knocked a vase down, making it shatter and give me a few cuts.

I sat on the floor, weeping.

The door opened and in came Maddie, her glare softened at the sight of me.

"I don't want your pity!" I yelled at her. She backed away slowly, but recovered.

She sat next to me, her hand touching my shoulders. "You know if you stop all of this I will forgive you. That's a promise that." She gave me a small, but sweet smile. As if she cared for me like a sister should.

"No!"

She flinched, I smirked at her. "No one can forgive me for what I have done for the past days alone. What more the things I have been doing my whole life."

She patted my back. "And what is that?" Maddie gave me a sincere look. I sighed.

"I can't tell you all of it. It will take days to simply tell you everything I did that is bad."

Then she did the one thing I thought she would least do to me, she hugged me tight. And I did the most unexpected thing I ever did in my life, I hugged Maddie back.

Then I let go, a smile on my face. "I.......am...so..sorry." I stuttered.

"It's ok." She whispered in my ear. "Lets just see if we can help the queen. And you have to say sorry to Peter for nearly killing him."

I glared at her. "He is alive! I want him dead! That irritating royal guard!" I screamed in her ear, Maddie simply covered it.

"You keep on forgetting how people break the curse of the poison apple."

"Wait...you...what?"

Maddie giggled and blsuhed. "Well sister, you don't know everything about what I did the past years we were seperated."

I smiled at her. "Yeah I guess." I stood up and opened the door, walking out.

"So how do we cure the queen from the poison?" I heard Maddie ask behind me.

"I don't know. All I knew is that it can poison and kill, other than that I know nothing." I admitted.

Maddie gave a long sigh. "Well then we have to figure this out." She started to walk very quickly down the hall.

Maddie's POV

I walked briskly back over to the hospital wing, grumbling under my breath. When I finally reached the hospital wing, Peter was out of his bed and next to the queen's. He gave me a quick nod.

My gaze fell on the doctor, he had a grim expression on his face and nothing else.

"Is there are cure?"

He gave me a sad expression. Then he held out his hand, holding my shoulder. "I am sorry." He whispered.

Tears fell from my eyes, my hands covered my face. "Why.....why...why?" I kept muttering to myself, feeling as hopeless as ever.

All eyes went on me. I looked up, watching everyone. Waiting for my command.

I gulp. "Everyone. I would like to mourn over our lost queen, and resume the crown. I promise to keep this kingdom at peace." I declare.