Chapter 3

Percy happily carried the dead deer body. He was starting to get used to the hunting thing. With Annabeth's help it made him work harder, like it used to at Camp. As he dropped the dead body in front of the fire Hazel and Piper looked at it in disgust as they backed away from it. Their stomach's churning already. 

Jason grinned, "Good job Perce." 

Percy put his hands into fist and pouned one ab, then the other, and when he spoke it was in a deep voice, "We men are eating good tonight." 

Annabeth walked out of the woods and to his side, she raised in eyebrow, "You men? What about us girls?" 

Leo smirked, "The girls are to prissy to gut it, like as men are gonnna do," He stood out, dug in his pocket for his pocket knife. When the hard metal touched his finger he grabbed it and swung it on his finger out of his pocket. He then walked over to the deer, knelt down and cut into the stomach of the dear. A little blood leaked out. Percy grabbed the seperate sides, and then pulled them apart. Jace knelt down and picked out one of the guts, and held it up.

Piper's stomach was churning the whole time. She backed up more, trying to escape the disgusting stench. Hazel wrinkled her nose and did the same. She scooted back on the log they had moved for chairs, soon she was falling back and her butt was poofing up dirt. 

Jason meanwhile moved the guts closer to Leo. Bile slowly raised in his throat, and he backed away, scrunching his nose too. Hazel pulled herself back on the bench and laughed at her boyfriend, "Oh yeah, you're a real man." 

Meanwhile Jason was squishing the deer guts around in his hand. Trying to discover what organ it was. Percy looked at him in disgust, "Dude what are you doing?" 

Jason made the gutts squirm around and grinned back at his friend, "I think these are the intestines. Can you get a bucket, so we can gut this thing and roast it?" 

Leo jumped up, "I can totally set up a roast that we turn so it is equally cooked on every part! Like a pig, I'm gonna need some sticks though!" 

"I'll get the sticks," Annabeth stood up and started towards the trees. 

"I'll get the bucket," Percy set up towards the house. 

"We'll go barf near the trees," Hazel suggested. 

"Actually," Leo said, "While Annabeth get's the sticks one of you can go get really big pieces of glass, with like a butt load of them." 

"I'll get those," Piper stood up and walked towards where Annabeth dissappeared. Happy that she didn't need to watch the gutting of the deer, "Anything to get away from that." 

Jason set the guts down far away and took out a knife, "I'm gonna try my best to skin the dude." 

"What am I gonna do?" Hazel asked feeling slightly useless.

Leo smiled and dusted off his hands, "I'm gonna teach you how to shoot a gun." 

"Oh yay," She faked a cheer and stood up. Leo bent down and grabbed the gun loading it. And making sure she was watching him work. 

He handed her the gun and she took it gingerly. Making sure her disgust of guns was getting across, "Now put up the fatter end, not the skinny end with the hole, to your shoulder. The safety is on so it won't go off, go ahead and put your finger to the trigger," Leo ordered. 

Hazel did just that, Leo smiled. Leaned around her and put the safety off, "Now shoot it." She took in a breath, closer her eyes and slowly started pressing down on the trigger. 

The bushes rustled where Annabeth and Piper dissappeared. The two girls busted through, panic written on their faces, "They found us! Fifteen cars, followed by at least fifteen hellhounds. We wouldn't be able to handle them," Annabeth shouted, trying to catch her breath.