Chapter One

Castiel's Point of View:

I step inside the massive school, my eyes wander around for a few seconds. I am Freshmen this year and of course I am expected to be nervous, but my main concern is how young I am and the criticism I will be receiving for it. It is a rarity that a twelve year old makes it into high school. Middle school papers were too easy for me I guess, though sometimes I wish they weren't just so I could be like the other kids my age, but Michael always tells me that I am not like the other kids, and that I was born with a special gift.

"Don't be nervous, Kiddo," Gabriel ruffles my hair. I am not in any distress, but I still must be giving off that scent from the previous night. "Anyone's first day of high school is hard, especially for an Omega , I can tell you that from first-hand experience." Gabriel is a Junior this year and his first day of high school is long gone.

I nod as I sniff the air, it is full of hormones and Alpha stench. My eyes fall on an Alpha, tall and muscular, he wore a Letterman jacket with the school's mascot on it. At his side is my older Omega sister, Anna. That must be her boy toy, as Gabriel like to call him along with the Ken doll, I remember at the family meals she is always gushing about him. She is clinging to his arms in a way that I felt a little sympathy towards the Alpha.

"I guess the next step is to make friends, not hang around my clingy older brother," I look up at him. "That would be very unimpressive on my first day of high school, don't you think so too?"

I manage to escape away from Gabriel's over protectiveness and I immediately bump into someone along the way. We both fall to the ground. That's just my luck. "I am so sorry!" I manage to squeak out.

"It's alright," he gets up and offers me a hand for help up. "My name is Sam, are you a freshman too?" The tall boy reeks of Alpha and he holds himself like one too, but he has a friendly aurora so I felt safe around him.

"Castiel and yes I am," I take his offer for help up.

"If you don't mind me asking, but aren't you a little small to be a Freshmen and beside the fact that you're an Omega?" I felt a tad bit nervous, but I will have to fess up sometime in the future. So why not now?

"Well I am only twelve, so of course I am going to be very small," I close my eyes and wait for the hate to roll in.

"So you're really smart then? That's actually really cool!" I open my eyes, surprised by his acceptance.

"Why thank you," I blush a little, "I wasn't expecting to get any good responses at all this year."

Sam smiles and we walk down the corridor full of lockers. We have the same first period, mechanics. "You know I don't see you as the type of person to be working in the hood of a car."

"Then your guess is correct, my older brother is forcing me to take the damn class, and I could say the same for you. Care to explain?"

"Wanted to try something different, learn something new, plus the class seemed the easiest out of all my other choices," I smile and shake my head.

"My brother is going to be in there so don't freak when you see a Senior in there, he gets credit points for helping teach a class, and the teacher is a close family friend of my family, he may seem grouchy at first, but once you get to know him he is a good guy."

"Well thanks for filling me in with the details, I am a bit reassured." We both take a step inside the classroom that smelled of car oil and rubber.