chapter 1

It was 14 years ago I was only eleven years old and my life was perfect, until I moved house. moving house is exciting:new toys, new room, new life, not this time well it was at the start but we lived next to a peculiar grange it was definitely unique. They said it is "abandoned" but I don't think it is. it was not like any normal house and definitely not abandoned, every night I woke up and my room lit up like I was witnessing the northern lights in my room. It had to be coming from next door I mean it wasn't our house and the space to the right of our house was a park, and parks don't make lights. I told my parents but of course they wouldn't believe me I mean would yours. so I just ignored it and started wearing blind folds at night I couldn't wake up in the middle of the night on Monday especially because it was my first day at my new school and I don't want to be late. But no matter how hard I tried I couldn't sleep was it because I was worried or just the fact I wasn't tired, either way I knew I would be doomed tomorrow I'm hoping I can get away with it because it's my first day I can't help it if my neighbour's kept me up.

"hurry kids time for school Joe, Laura hurry you will be late for the first day, come on you have 5 minutes to get in the car! Joe you make you and your sister breakfast" said mom in a hurry.

"yes mom" I replied and went down stairs in my new pristine uniform and made me and Laura some toast. We were in a rush so I couldn't make a big breakfast. I shoved it down and ran out the house I was in such a rush I forgot my lunch. I was not pleased when my mom came in the school and dropped it off which is fine but when she said 'what no kiss' that's when I got embarrassed. she made me kiss her and my cheeks went as red as cherries. everyone laughed at me

"shut up" I said as I walked up to my friends who were laughing their heads off Zack, Kyle and George were three of my best friends we knew eachother since birth, our parents are best friends we were practically inseparable, we were like the three musketeers but four instead of three,I told them everything!

Anyway after what seems like an eternity miss Jones our history teacher told everyone to "stop laughing and start learning" whilst giggling herself! in history we were learning about the Tudors and Zack said that Henry VIII looked like he could be miss' husband or father he looked just like a male version of her.

after history we went to lunch (we had a shortened day because it was our first day) and George looked excited

"What happened now?" I asked him

"I have the best idea" he stated practically bouncing from excitement

"what" Kyle said in a suspicious tone,

"you know how you guys were complaining that you have nothing to do after school" said George

"Yer what's your point" I said I had a feeling that I don't want to know what he is thinking.

"well you know the creepy grange by your house..." explained George

"yes but if your suggesting that we go there then count me out Im not going in that death trap" I said I knew I didn't want to know what he was thinking, is he crazy we could get killed I'm not putting my life at risk just to escape boredom!

"come on please it will be fun" George remarked. no matter how much he begs I'm not going in there!

"No" I said and walked off

when I got home I done my jobs and then I sat in my room staring at my clock. counting the seconds till Boredom took over me I need something to do but I don't want to go to the grange. after about 2 hours of staring at a clock I heard the phone ring followed by my mom calling me "Joe it's George come to the phone" I went downstairs and my mom gave me the phone, I held it up to my ear "hello" I said " Joe can me Kyle and Zack come to yours?" George said

"wait a sec let me ask my mom anyway why?" I replied

"because we are bored?" he answered, but it sounded a bit like a question

" mom can my friends come over?" I asked

"sure how many because I have to cook" said mom

"only 3 extra" I answered "George my mom said yes " I said to George

"good see you soon" George said

"see you soon" I replied. I put the phone down and rushed up stairs. if my friends are coming I need to make sure that Laura doesn't interfere! I stormed into her room "my friends are coming over to our new house for the first time! so please please don't be stupid and don't walk in on us this is the first time my friends are over in this house and I don't want you to spoil it!

"fine !"said Laura. so I walked out and relaxed in my bed while I waited for them to come. after an hour of waiting impatiently I heard the door bell, I ran down the stairs excitedly screaming "I'll get it". I opened the door and George, Kyle and Zack pushed through, each of them carrying a back pack, "why have you all got back packs?" I asked curiously

"I had a talk with Kyle and Zack and we all agreed to go to the grange, we came to see if you changed your mind" George said. if their all going then I don't want to be left out, but I also don't want to die! so I thought about it George was muttering under his breath "please, please, please..."

"FINE" I said I couldn't think straight!

"yes" said George sounding really excited

"ok so here's the plan" explained Kyle "Zack you go to the door and knock, me, George and Joe will wait by the side of the house, if no one answers check if it's locked, if it's open we walk in and explore if it's Locked we go to the back door if that's locked Joe you go through the cat door....."

"whoa whoa whoa stop there, why ME!" I interrupted

"because your the smallest and when your in unlock it from the inside" said Kyle, the more he explained the plan the more I didn't want to proceed with it. I was trying to say 'NO' but he wouldn't be quiet. before I could take it all in I was shoved to the side of the house, George and Kyle gripping both my arms so I didn't run off! Zack knocked on the door, no answer, we tried to open the door but it was locked. I was dragged to the back door by George and Kyle and pushed through the cat door.

I was in the house, it was dark and gloomy, I could hear bangs from upstairs along with every one shouting at me to unlock the door! It was to dark I couldn't see the lock, my mind was going mental, what was going on! I was pressurized in to breaking into someone's home! eventually I found the lock and let everyone in.

"about time!" Zack complained.

"it was to Dar..."

"whatever" Zack interrupted!"let's just keep going"

Okay so that's chapter 1 guys. I don't know if I should do chapter 2 XD jk I most likely will but tell me if you enjoyed the first chapter, it'll be great to hear all of your opinions and also if you liked it please vote as well it'll mean a lot. Anyway guys BUH BYEEEEEEE!

~FxckedUpBxndGirl