Slenderman: The Sighting

I felt the cool air of dawn rush through me like a freight train. The forest was dark, almost like a house with no lights. I still liked it anyway, it seemed peaceful and solemn. I came to this forest every day, looking for something that didn't exist, looking for freedom of the chains that bound my soul to the ground of life.

I walked through the path of trees in the forest, feeling free with every step I took. I let out a deep sigh, and inhaled. Something was different here, something unusual. I strut through, kicking leaves and looking around.

Suddenly, my foot caught a rock. I found myself falling forward through the air. My head found the ground and I was now face down on the dirt, spitting out the remnants of dust.

I briefly pushed myself up and swept dirt off my pants. I found the sky mistier and darker. I turned around but could barely see. I had to go home, but I was lost.

That's when I heard the footsteps. 

They sounded heavy, big. I stopped and slowly turned around. 

What was that?

I looked around as the area got darker and quieter. I could barely see, and I was scared. What was happening? Who is there? The only light was the small moon, but I could hardly see it because of the dense roof of the think and lively trees.

I continued to walk, slow and careful, listening to all the sounds the world has to offer. I sighed. My parents should be looking for me right now. They must know I am missing.

Soon, the scorching sound of static reached my ears. I fell to the ground, knees buried in dirt. My head swarmed with fear and my eyes filled with waterfalls of tears. The static got louder, and I saw the shadow.

It stood behind a tree. It was tall, scary, slender, and he was gone in a blink. I only saw his legs, but I wanted to know more. I felt connected to the creature. I felt I needed him, but how and why? 

The static left my ears, and I slowly stood up, my eyes drained from my tears. I wanted to find out what this thing was.

I stepped to the left of me, into the misty feeling of danger and fear. I felt his presence again, this time stronger. The static reached my ears again, but I followed it despite the torture. 

My head swarmed with thoughts, and suddenly, I had a sudden flash. It lasted less then a second, but I painted a picture of the entity in my mind. It was him. His head was thin and white. The part that I realized mostly though, he had no face. It left a crater in my mind. This thing wanted me. 

The sight flashed more and more, leaving a scar in the hole of my brain. This time I wanted to run. Not from the forest, not from the landscape, I wanted to run from all the experiences in the small span of my life.

I felt something thick and sharp touch the center of my back. My first instinct came to me in a daze to stay still. It was him. I stood there and slowly started to turn. I saw something. It was black and long, like a tentacle.

It swept away and the thing was gone.  I turned around and looked for the thing. I wanted it to come back and become part of me. I needed it. The feeling was strong and unknown. I walked through a dark trail in the trees and stepped on something. A dead bird sat at my feet, and fresh blood flowed out of it. It just died, but from what. Did the thing kill it?

The static came to me, and buried under all of it was a groan, or a voice. A voice that pulled me towards it. It grew into a whisper, and I tried to make out the words.

Come to me.

The static left my mind, and my palms became sweaty as though they were being hung an inch from a blazing fire. My feet dragged me into a pace across the ground and into the dark. My stomach churned and I grew tired, but I was forced to stay awake.

I heard numerous whispers, but couldn't make out their words. I was stuck here. I was stuck in a daze of fear and need.

I walked even more, and stumbled through mud. It started to rain, and thunder hit the sky. Slush filled my shoes and my footsteps became heavy. The rain hit my shoulders and splashed, becoming the only sound there for me.

There he was. Right in front of me. The thing stood less than a foot away from me. Tentacles emerged from his back, and he had a suit on. I didn't look up to see the face he didn't have, I just stood there, frozen like a block of ice.

His tentacles stretched out towards me, and I started to be lifted into the air. He lifted me higher by every second, and I let him do it. I started to feel free. Then, I looked down. I saw his white head, with no face, and it kept flashing in my mind. It felt like torture. I wanted him to put me down. 

I looked at his head once again, and felt myself falling back to the ground. He let go of me. His head kept flashing in my mind. The static came to me again, and my eyes were closed. There was a feeling that I was now in a different place, but all I could see was his flashing head, planted like a seed buried in the pit of my mind.

The next morning, I woke up in my bed. The static was gone as well as his head, but I still remembered the sight. I rubbed my eyes and assumed it was a dream.

That's until I looked into the mirror.

I had no face.