Prologue: Make Your Decision.

"Damian do you not understand? Talia killed my mother without a second thought, they were feiends and she just-  Damian I just lost my mother..."  You panted out, hands soaked red in the blood of your mother. Talia had long gone left, and upon hearing your screaming of terror Damian, despite his small nine year old legs, carried himself in the candle lit room as quickly as possible.

The young Al Ghul stands in front of you with arms limp at his side as his eyes slowly skim on past your small outline of a body. Behind you is flickering candles, he can feel the heat on his face even from this distance. The outline of your body is dark, and your face remains unseen by himself as he struggles to even find the words he thinks you need to hear.

His eyes land on the ever growing puddle of blood in the middle of the room, the limp body of your mother remains unmoving. On her face is the look of betrayal that is looked into her eyes, her final thought must have been if nothing but hurt and confusion.

Being so close to you, meant his mother, Talia, was also close to your parents. They worked together well, and sometimes when Talia was away she even trusted your Mother to watch over him. It's why and how he knows you and is fond of you on a very trusting level.

"What are you planning on doing?" Damian demanded, trying to make himself sound like he was in control of the situation. How Talia taught him. His throat felt right and dry, and he struggles to keep eye contact with you. The way your (e/c) eyes were wide in desperation and sadness, your hair was wet down and you had sweat on the nape of your neck from just the fear alone.

Those sunken in and sullen shades of (e/c) in your eyes remind him of storms he had seen from the view of mountains that the two of you would have to climb. It made him uneasy.

"Naturally, I plan on leaving. Come with me, you can leave all of this behind. I have family in a city, I am sure with certain forms of research i can help you find your father. Not like Talia-"

"I will not come with you." He cut you off quickly, and instantly your eyes went from pleading with him to narrow slits of nothing but anger and hatred.

"You cannot stop me from leaving. I have already made plans to stowaway on one of the many ships that come and leave the island. Come with me, or this is the last time we see each other."

Your voice was harsh and demanding when you spoke to him, as if saying he stands with or against you. Your hands gripped at the sword in your fingers a little more tighter, knuckles curling till they turned white. Damian clenched his fiats, sensing a violent tone in yourself.

"You don't want to fight me when it comes to this, (y/n). I'm stronger than you. It's highly unlikely you would win in a fight." You scoffed as his reply. He had tensed facial features as he spoke, as if telling you something you don't know.

"When was the last time you ever beat me while sparring?" You said, - pained tone to your voice. Gripping the sword in your hands tightly before ramming the blade through his left side of his stomach. Leaving him alive on purpose, but unconscious.

You gave him a choice. He refused.