Chapter 2

Kuroko struggled as he was trying to wear the tie. There was a big mirror with golden frames in front of him. The room also had shining golden walls. It was too... golden. Kuroko didn't like the room. But he had to bear with it. After a while, he was finally finished with his tie. His raven tailcoat were not adjusted right; there were many lines on the tailcoat but he didn't care. It's not like people would notice him, due to his misdirection. He walked out of the room. The hallway was really long with candles hanging from the high ceiling. He checked his list. He was surprised that there were only two people. Akashi Seijuro and his father. He pulled the list closer to read carefully for what to do as the new butler. Today was his first day. He noticed how Akashi's father was mostly on the list. Like, he needed to bring breakfast for him, bring the coffee and wake the masters up at 6:00am, then tell Akashi Seijuro what was going on the newspapers. It was 5:00am now and the butlers were the only ones awake in the mansion. They just needed to prepare some things before the masters woke up.
The butlers started cooking the breakfast. Kuroko walked to the front door of the mansion and looked for the newspapers but he didn't see any. A voice spoke behind him, making him flinch.

"Looking for newspapers?" It was one of the butlers. "Newspapers are over there. At the gate." He pointed to the gate, which looked like it would take like 8 minutes to get there. The butler walked off with a mop to continue his cleaning duty. Kuroko sighed and walked to the gate. It was a pretty and sunny day, making him smile. He loved the beautiful day. He walked down the path to the gate with joy; he was not walking fast, but instead, he just walked slow, looking at the surroundings. Arriving at the gate, he found the newspapers so he grabbed it. Before going back, he took a look at the town where the people lived. They were walking around. Some women were carrying basket bags with clothes in it for laundry. The kids was playing with the soccer ball, running around.

Kuroko almost forgot about the time while watching them playing. The kids just noticed him and stopped playing. Kuroko bowed three times and started walking back. The kids shrugged it off and continued playing. In 8 minutes, Kuroko arrived at the mansion. Entering, he sighed and checked his time. It was 5:20am. All he needed to prepare was the coffee for the king. He headed to the kitchen. As soon as he entered, he dropped his jaws. The five butlers cooked a large breakfast and placed it on a long table. There were many dishes on the table for breakfast, even though it's only for two people. Kuroko just walked to the coffee stand and started making the coffee. One of butler approached him, knowing what his list looked like. "No need to wake the king's father up. I'll do it. You only just wake the king up. Okay?" said the butler.

Kuroko just nodded and finished making coffee. The butlers were really busy in the morning. It was almost six, so he decided to head to the king's room. He asked one of the butlers to help lead him to the king. Even though the butlers didn't give him a tour, Kuroko tried his best as a butler. Upon his arrival, he entered the room. It was dark and large with crimson walls and a golden ceiling. The carpet in the room was red and soft. There was a king-size bed with a red blanket and the crimson figure was tucked into the blanket, sleeping. His bed head... It was hilarious. But Kuroko also had a bed head, which took twenty minutes every morning to fix. Kuroko went to open the curtains, letting the sunlight enter the room. The king's eyes slowly opened as the room got brighter. He sat up, stretching. Kuroko went to him, giving him the coffee. "Morning, Akashi-san." said Kuroko.

Akashi grabbed the coffee without saying 'thank you' and started drinking. Kuroko found him quite rude, and opened the newspapers. "Um..." Kuroko looked at a paragraph on the first page of the newspaper. The Japanese and English of the newspaper was very advanced, and it was hard for Kuroko since he never have read any books in his life. But he did know some English and Japanese. The king was waiting. "Uh... The boat of Shutok.. was robbed. What's this word?" Kuroko pointed at the word, showing the newspapers. The word was 'persuade'.