The sweatshirt

"I never wanted to move to Virginia ya know," I rant as I complain to my girl Jade. She's back in New Jersey with all of our other friends. After my mother got a promotion at work that would offer triple her pay, we had to pack quickly in order to come to Virginia.
     She never even asked! She just threw a suitcase at me and said:
Moving, move everything you want, we leave in two days.
"Don't worry Bro! You'll make tons of friends," Jade giggled. I sighed. Let's hope so...
"Well I've got to bounce, so remember; just keep R😉WAN."
She hung up before I could lecture her.
My name is Rowan Hart, and I'm 13 years old.
I'm 5"4, and my favorite colors are red, black, and white.
Most people would argue that white isn't a color, and I agree and all, but I like it so I've got to call it something.

In case I didn't add this before, I was calling Jade to ask if her family could adopt me. I just had my first day of school, and it was literal torture. At first it was okay. I made friends with two people. One of them is a girl named Skylar,  and the other is a boy named Bennet.
He's gay, but that's why I like him.
I was in 2 classes with Skylar, and three with Bennet. They're really cool.
Skylar is spunky and emo yet princessy. She wore an emo shirt with a tutu and pink converses.
Clearly she doesn't care about her street cred.

Bennet is quiet, but very talkative when he sees or hears something he likes. He loves drama. When I came out of the bathroom, he asked me if I heard anything scandalous.

What the hell does that even mean?
It's was the girls MIDDLE SCHOOL bathroom after all...
o_o maybe this school has a weird history with bathrooms???
Anyway,
After my three classes and break, it was lunch time. Worst time for the average new kid. Luckily, because I made at least two friends already, I could just loiter around with them, right?
No.
I hadn't even made it to where Skylar and Bennet were waving me over when some girl, who clearly wasn't paying attention, stuck her shiny blue DocMartens into the already super tiny foot space between the tables and tripped me.
Let's hope that was an accident.
     I fell, cream cheese (I bought a bagel), all over my Melanie Martinez t-shirt.
Everybody at the surrounding tables laughed except for one guy who hushed them all.
Once everyone had quieted down, he knelt down and blushed, "Are you okay?" I nodded slowly.
"Yeah, thanks for asking," I gushed.
He smiled charmingly.
Then he took off his sweatshirt.
"You can keep it to hide your shirt," he winked.
I nodded rapidly, "What's your name?"
The boy chuckled, clearly he had just remembered that there were no introductions made.
"My name is Jacob Sartorius," he answered.
Looking into my dark eyes with beautiful hazel ones, he asked: and yours?

TBC (To be continued...)