Chapter 1

Niall had been working at the toy store for 6 months and he loved everything about it. He loved helping little kids find their favourite stuffed animal.He loved reaching for the toys higher up that some of the mums couldn't reach. He even loved his colleagues, but he'd never tell them that either. However, out of all the things he loved about his job, there was one thing he wasn't so happy about.

Niall had known Harry Styles since high school. They had all the same friends and went to all the same parties. It was inevitable that, with Harry's beauty and charisma, Niall would fall head over heels for the guy. That was the problem though. Harry Styles was everywhere. He couldn't get away from him. It was torture being so close to him and only being able to call him a friend. So, Niall had made the genius decision to get a job at the only place in his small town that he had never seen Harry set foot in. A toy store.

Unfortunately, Niall let it slip to Harry about his new job at Modest!Toys and Harry, being the absolute angel he is, made it his daily mission to go to Niall's workplace every day.

Every. Single. Day.

Harry's reasoning for this was that Niall might forget Harry's face if they could only hang out on the weekends. Completely logical.

It's not that Niall didn't like Harry visiting him at work. Obviously. It was that he only signed up for the job in the first place to have a few days away from the guy. He thought that if they weren't around each other constantly he might have the chance to somehow move on. Also, Niall just couldn't understand why Harry wanted to see him. Niall was boring, Harry was exciting and interesting and full of useless facts and stupid jokes about everything. He would never understand why this perfect human being latched onto him so much.

In high school, they had started off as just acquaintances with mutual friends. Then, somewhere between the beginning and the present, they had become inseparable. Never one without the other. Louis liked to tease them about it. But it never really became a problem for Niall until he realised just how fucked he was, because not only had he made a best friend, but at some point he had fallen in love with this tall nerd.

After 6 months of loving this job, he wasn't about to quit just because of Harry. Harry could probably see just how much Niall loved it there. Harry knew everything. Except for, fortunately, how Niall felt about him.

There were times when Niall was close to telling Harry the truth but he had never done it. After all the years of friendship Niall had never even done so much as mention sexuality. Then again, neither had Harry.