Prolouge

Irene POV

Dear diary,

It's another day of my normal, back-to-high school life. My study while I play. It's not that bad actually and it's not that hard as I thought it was.

As an undercover idol, I should act like a normal student but not me. I became a straight A student.

I guess that you can know which position I am in the school by the first few sentences of my intro.

Yes, I'm the nerd. I'm the bookworm, I'm the girl that get gossiped every single second and yes. I am the lowest of the lowest position you can ever go. Or not....

Surprisingly, I'm Cindy B. That's actually my stage name. I call myself in school Irene Chon instead of my full name in case people notice it. Even though I considered small in the field of what I am working for, I guess I'm pretty lucky to have fans and to support me. Yeah, I'm an underground rapper/singer.

Usually I diss-rap whenever I can to relieve stress but most of the time, I focus more on making catchy lofi-indies songs that are suitable for different moods. Other artists like Dean and Crush were also like me but instead, they work more independently with their time and their work.

Just like other school's we have the head girl and head boy and just like other school's they are there not because of their studies, it's because of their popularity and family background. Introducing: Kim Taehyung and Lee Daisy. The Head girl and Head boy.

I'm not rich or poor. I live by myself in my own house in a compound. The relationship between me and my family is completely broken. Because of a certain reason, my mum passed away suddenly on the day before my 16th birthday, my sister committed suicide and there it leaves me with my dad, little brother and me alone in the family. Most dads should be caring and sweet but unfortunately, not this one. All he does I drink, gamble and sleep. That's his everyday schedule from day to night. Everyday, he would come to my house and bang on the door for money. No words like 'thank you'or 'please' has left his mouth before. All he does is ask for money then waste it on beer and gambling. He would always blame me for my mother's death and my sisters as well. I have to constantly bar with him and deal with him so that medias like Dispatch wont take random photos and start sharing them online with a compelety random story.

Like most idols, I live with my brother alone near the school since I was kicked out of the house because of my father not approving me to become an artist. Actually, we don't even have a house anymore. My 'dad' sold it for money but as usual, he wasted all of it. It has been a hard time but I earned some money from I'm currently at the age 18. My brother's only 4 so I have a hard time taking care of him while I work my ass off for my career. Although I don't have close relatives except my brother, I've got manager hyung. Although he's just a manager, I can say that I am blessed to have such a wonderful family-friend that helps me with everything.

The fact that I don't have a proper family and has never really felt being loved just makes me a dark person that is always into dark colours.

I was going to continue my life like this for the rest of my life but my silly small mistake changed everything. I caught everyone's attention including him: Kim Taehyung.

why

Chon Ha Eun