Prologue

The nurse rushed down the steep slope, almost falling several times as she rushed to her destination. She held a small bundle in her arms that was wriggling slightly. She gave a loud sigh as she tried to get through the muddy ground. She let out a small grunt as she fell, keeping the child out of the mud. She got up, and finally found the house. The rain got harder as she knocked hard on the door, then set the child down on the step. She kissed the top of the child's head, then whispered: "Goodbye, Wynn... I hope to see you again when you're older..." She spoke softly, then a light came on, and she scurried away, back in the direction she had come from, the castle. A woman came out, more heavyset than most wives, but she was a Protector's wife, so no one would scold her. She picked up the child and the child stopped fussing. She looked at the blanket, where she found a name sown into it. "Wynn..." The woman said aloud. She gave a small smile, and hugged the baby close to her. "You can stay here... I'm sure Owen would like a playmate." She said, stepping back inside and closing the door. She went back upstairs and showed her husband before taking the baby into her own child's room. She placed the small baby into his crib, and hushed them both before leaving them. The small boy, who was a few months older than the other child, put an arm over the young baby girl, almost as if he would protect her.

When the woman came back in the morning, she saw the children close together, and her boy's arm over the girl. She smiled, and waited for them to wake up. When they awoke, she took them out to her living room, and they played together. So the two children grew up together, unknowing their bond would make them more than brother and sister.

((I'm hoping this will be good... First time I'm writing something that isn't Hetalia, or something... It's not even anime... It's just fantasy. Oh, by the way, I'll explain what a Protector is in the next chapter. ^^ Thank you for reading!))