The Awakening

It was like any normal day. I went to school, came home did homework, and went to bed, but before I left school I went to see a teacher about one of my tests and what I heard about killed me. "When are we gonna do it Mark?" Miss.Cornberry said to Mr.Crown, the principal. "I don't know, but soon." What were they talking about I was lost. I never did open the door I was taught better. I just listened. "But Mark we have to get rid of Ava."
"I know, I know. But remember everyone else wants to kill her too."
"Yes. Your right what do we do?"
"What grade is she in again?"
"9th sir. She is in my homeroom."
"Alright get her alone tomorrow and get her to my office. Ok."
"Yes sir." I then heard his footsteps come toward the door. My first instinct was to run, so I did. I ran down the stairs. I hit my best friend Maria. "Hey what's the hurry i've been looking for you everywhere. I thought we were going to study at the library?"
"Ya. Sure. Let's go and make it quick." I snatched her arm and ran to the library dragging her behind me.
We burst through the library doors. We scrambled to one of the tables in the back corner hidden from sight. "What is up with you Ava?" Maria questioned.
"Mis-miss.Cornberr-cornberry," I tried to say out of breath. "An-and Mr.Crown sa-said th-that they we-were going to ki-kill m-me."
"Oh really?" She said betrayed but, tried to sound concerned. "I'm sure you just imagined it." She said reassuring. "Go home and rest. Ok."
"Ok, but what about studying?"
"We're already smart. Enough anyway." So I got up and went home which was just a block away from the library and in the other direction was the school. My house was almost dead center in the middle of the town. I walked home checking to see if my teachers were any where near. When I was home I went straight to my room with out supper locked my door. I went to sleep, but I woak up in the middle of the night I could hear my family talking under me in the kitchen. "Carlos we have to do it no one else can." My mother said.
"But Carrie." Replied my father. I sliped down to the floor to listen better.
"Jimmy what do you think?" My mom asked.
"I feel we should just walk up there and do it now."
"But it's got to be special boy." My dad yelled at him.
"He doesn't understand stand it. No kid does Carlos."
"I do to understand it!" I was confused were they talking about what my teachers were? Or something else. I went back to sleep, but l kept my door locked.
When I got to school the next morning I was in Miss.Cornberry's class. But to be honest I have no clue what type of class it was. "Doves." Miss.Cornberry started. "Doves are a symbol of freedom." I really wasn't listening because I was thinking about yesterday was it all a dream? Or was it all real? "BRING!" The school bell went off to let us out of class. I got up to leave, but Miss.Cornberry told me to stay. "Ava do you know why your here?" I tried to forget what happened yesterday but I couldn't. It just wouldn't leave my head." Ava your here because you got and A on all of your tests for the past three years. The principal is going to send you to a vary special school." Right then Mr.Crown walked in. "My, my Ava Nil. Shuch an acceptable student. Why follow me and we'll get you set up for the new school." I was thinking how could any of this be bad I was going to a new school. I'm sure that Maria would be to she was just as smart as me. "Ok." I answered. He put his arm around me and took me to his office. Miss.Cornberry was following behind us. We entered his office. He shut and locked the door. I thought this was an odd thing to do. He went to his desk and sat. "Ava please sit." He said cunning.
"No I prefer to stand. Thank you." Miss.Cornberry was blocking the door.
"If you insist. I just thought this would be easier if you sat." He said firmly. He got up. Then that little voice in my head told me to run as fast as I could. He had a knife in his hand, a butcher knife to be exact. I looked for any exit out. There was a window and it was open, but Mr.Crown was blocking it. There was no way out and he was getting closer by the second. I backed up until I hit Miss.Cornberry. She grabed me tightly and wouldn't let go. Mr.Crown had the knife about an inch from my face. I finally slipped out of Miss.Cornberry's grasp. I fell to the floor. I crawl under Mr.Crown and went straight for the window. I jumped out and ran faster then I ever had in my entire life. Not knowing where to go.
I was truly awake. I knew what people were planning, but not which ones.