The School

"BEEP!" "BEEP!" My alarm went off. I woak in a daze to see my family around me. I screamed. "What are you doing in here!?" My mom sat down on my bed and put her hand on my head "You arn't going to school today."
"But mom I have to."
"School is cancelled till further notice."
"Why?" I asked even though I new why.
"Oh it is so tragic. Two of your teachers died yesterday night." My mother said tearing up. Of course that was why. "Now sweetie go back to sleep and get some rest." My dad told me. They got up and left my room. Of course I wasn't going back to sleep, I was going to sneek out. I sunk back into my bed until my family left. It only took 5 minutes till I heard the car engine start. I peered out my window and watch the car disappear. I jumped out my window and slipped down to the ground because it was still wet out from last night. I didn't think about changing till I was outside, but I didn't care cuz I had to go. I was running down the street trying not to be seenat all, my pajamas were all wet in the back from me falling and my slippers were soaking wet. I passed the school to see everyone there. School wasn't cancelled or at least it wasn't closed. Then I saw Maria walking down the street with a bunch of other people. I jumped behind some bushes and listened to what they were saying.
"I can't believe that they would do something like that." Maria said.
"Right." Chet baker said.
"Like we all agreed to wait till next week, but that will probably change now cuz she knows that someone tried to kill her and she's going to ask questions."
"Ya, let's hurry so we're not late." Gretchen Hut replied.
"I don't have a week anymore to live I have less time. This doesn't make sense. This has to be a joke." I said to myself. Once they were in the school I got up and snuck in the school. I could hear everyone trying to talk over each other in the gym. I went in a back way to the girl's locker room so I could hear better. "We should kill her now!" I heard someone yell loudly.
"We agreed next week to start!" Tge room fell quiet.
"But the rule has beed broken. It will be chaos. Carlos you know better. You to Carrie." A voice spoke up.
"Fine we'll start tomorrow. But you can find her and keep but you can't kill her till tomorrow and if you do all hell will brake loose on you." My father said assertively. I backed away from the door in horror but just then I knocked something over and all was quite. "She's in the girl's locker room!" Gretchen Hut screamed. My heart stopped my face was white as a ghost. The door's screech woke my out of my daze, I whipped around and bolted to the school library. I could hear people running by and all I could think about was that I had till tomorrow to live if I was caught I would still be able to live, but not for long. "Ava come with me. I'll keep you safe." Maria said trying to convince me to come with her. "Ya we'll keep you safe." Chet added.
"I don't trust you." I yelled.
"Why not trust us we'll keep you safe. We wont kill you." Gretchen replied.
"You wont kill me yet. But when tomorrow comes you'll kill me."
"No your just hallucinating." Chet stopped me from continuing.
"Ya your just hallucinating." Agreed Maria. I was backing up to on of the doors in the library. I saw my way out if I could just get out I knew a place to go. I finally hit the door my hand on the handle ready to turn it, but they were getting closer by the second. I remembered this same thing happening when Mr.Crown and Miss.Cornberry tried to kill me and I wasn't waiting another secound. I pushed my hand down on the handle and ran out the door. I ran straight for any of the cars to get into. I found my dad's car. It was locked with the keys in it. I saw everyone from inside the school swarm out the door. I was going to brake a window to the car but there was nothing around, so I ran. I knew at this point only luck could help me now. All the kids from the track teams were running to catch me and I knew I wouldn't make it, but then luck decided to help me out there was a car unlocked with keys in it. I jumped in and drove as fast as I could.
I always thought that I was safe at school. I thought I would at least make it to my 20's but I would die tomorrow.... but not necessarily I could maybe live but not for long.