When I saw her

My eyes open to a dying evening light. The sky is a clear, and I can just barely see the brightest stars. Everything is calm, and so pretty. 

"You look so beautiful." 

She stands in front of me, wearing a gorgeous black suit, that fits so wonderfully. But, she turns, and leaves me there.

"Wait!" I start to stand, but my hands sink into the ground. I yank on my arms but they only slide further down. 

"Come on silly." She taunts. I struggle, but they grass tangles around my arms and grasps them. "Help!" I croak. She smiles, and reaches out her hand, but... its wrong.Peeking out of her sleeve is a bony,pale,and overall sickly mass of skin. Her veins stick out of her arm like she is 85, but she is only 27. But worst of all, I see medical cords attached to her wrist, their needles visible through her flesh. 

Gasping, I look at her face, but it also looks terrible. Her skin is transparent and hangs off her skull. Eyelids droop over her now milky, sightless eyes.A silent tear runs down her face. She opens her cracked, colorless lips and utters...something.

"What?"I try to scream , but the grass covers my mouth. It is stronger now and tugs me down."Jackalyn!" I manage through the weeds, but then they double in ferocity and force me down.

"Please." She whispers.I stare into her clouded eyes and watch, horrified, as her flesh spots and turns gray. Her short hair thins, and her lovely tuxedo morphs into a worn, dirty hospital gowns. She stares at me as her skin cracks. Then, it flakes, and blows away like ashes in the wind.