Dr. Mohannad Barakat Provides Exceptional Care and Attention to His Patients

Dr. Mohannad Barakat is an experienced medical professional with special expertise in the areas of trauma surgery, and elective surgery. His qualifications include Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (trauma and orthopaedics), membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, MB ChB, and Bsc Neuroanatomy honours. He is the recipient of several distinctions and awards in the fields of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, orthopaedics and anaesthesia. He has given important presentations at local, national and international level. He is involved with the teaching and examination of students, junior and senior doctors at various stages of their education, allied professionals, and theatre staff at a local, national and international level. He has the Oxford Teaching the Teachers certificate, and is an examiner on the Miller FRCS course. He is also the reviewer for the British Medical Journal (BMJ), Journal of Joint and Bone Surgery (JBJS) and the European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (EJOST).

Over the years, Dr. Mohannad Barakat has gained extensive expertise in performing trauma surgeries successfully. He is often consulted by patients facing serious issues and he provides expert opinion and the best treatment course. He carefully listens to the concerns of patients and effectively communicates them each step of the process. He is competent in all aspects of trauma surgery ranging from the simple to complex of trauma cases. These include all emergency trauma surgery, external fixation and frame ring fixation for fractures, hip fractures, long bone fractures, humeral fractures, and more. He is competent in performing elective procedures with significant experience in spinal surgery. He is experienced in operations such as Carpal Tunnel Release, Trigger Finger Release, wrist arthroscopy, spine nerve root blocks, spinal canal decompression, spinal fusion, scoliosis correction, and others.

When away from professional commitments, Dr. Mohannad Barakat GMC likes music, going out, and socializing. He likes to play games such as basketball, volleyball, football, tennis, and cricket. He also enjoys cycling and travelling. He has traveled to many countries of the world and his future plans include visiting the unseen places.