Chosen One Forces: Chapter 1

Once in a land hidden deep within the clouds lived a boy named Halo. Halo was the prince of his land. His dad, King Lightfang, was the king at the time and leader of the elite Highground army force known as "The Destiny Riders." Meanwhile, in the darkest corners of Highground, there lived a group called "The Shadow Slayers," who did nothing but terrorize and scare the people of Highground for many generations. The Shadow Slayers were led by their leader, The Dark Lord. The Dark Lord's spirit was over 1000 years old, but the actual Dark Lord's tangible body succeeded a new vessel once the current body was defeated in battle or near the end of it's life.

One day, the Dark Lord challenged Halo's dad to a death battle to end the war between their two kingdoms: Highground and the Void Realms. As he was considering the offer, Halo was in the room with him. At this time, Halo is 12 years old. He asked "Dad, you're not really going to accept the duel, are you?" His dad answered "Halo, when you're king, you have to make the decision that's right for everyone. Not just yourself." "But the Dark Lord is strong, dad!" His dad stood up and put his hand on Halo's shoulder. With an endearing voice, he replied "I know Halo. I know. But he has threatened my kingdom one time too many. Besides, I've defeated the old Dark Lord before. I'll do the same to this one". King Lightfang sent word to the Dark Lord that he accepted the Dark Lord's challenge. The king then immediately began preparing for the day he would attempt to end this war once and for all. 

On the day of the Duel, King Lightfang put on his battle crown. Holding onto his dad's leg, Halo begged "Please dad, don't go!" King Lightfang gently pulled Halo off his leg and said "Son, my mind is made up. And I refuse to back down from a fight I accepted with the Dark Lord. It will bring a bad name to Highground and everyone in it." Halo knew how strong his dad was. He had even read stories about his father's grand adventures across the universe before he ascended the throne. Those stories were considered legendary tales in the land of Highground, which made King Lightfang a greatly respected king. There was no real need for Halo to be worried, but for some reason, something didn't feel right. He felt like the Dark Lord had some kind of nasty plan up his sleeve. He's been trying to warn his dad about the feeling, but he didn't listen.

King Lightfang met in the center of town waiting for The Dark Lord to emerge. King Lightfang had on a yellow armor with silver shoulder plates on it. His armor was decorated with white designs and had blue runes on his arms. He also had blue and yellow gems accenting his armor and a golden bejeweled battle crown on his head. His sword was long and gold that was both silver and gold. A blue gem was at the base of it and halfway went into the bottom of the sword's blade. He also had a gold and silver cape blowing in the wind. In black and red aura, the Dark Lord appeared. He had a burgundy armor with red accent trims on it. He had some chains on his side and on his wrist. He also had black accents on his armor and an intimidating dark red helmet with glowing red eyes that seemed to sparkle with red void energy when he looked at King Lightfang. His sword was red and black and had red runes on it that were overflowing with red energy. The entire blade of the sword was overflowing with red, dark energy.

The Dark Lord said "King Lightfang...I've waited a long time for this battle to occur." King Lightfang gripped his sword tightly in his hand. He said "As have I, Dark Lord. You have threatened Highground for far too long now. And now, your reign of terror ends." The Dark Lord said "Well we shall see who will be standing at the end of this battle. Only one will walk away with the reward of life today." King Lightfang stanced himself in a defensive sword stance and adamantly agreed "I wouldn't have it any other way." The people of Highground began to gather around the fight. This fight could very well end the war between Highground and the Shadow Slayers that has been raging on for so long. Halo was looking at the battle about to start. He figured maybe, somehow, he could stop the fight. But how? He didn't know or care for that much, but he wasn't going to let his father lose the battle, or worse, his life.