Thought train

*I sat quietly looking up at my ceiling fan as I listen to my mother's loud moaning. "Why does she always have to do this?" I say to myself quietly. I begin to humor myself pretending I was laying in the middle of the ocean inside of a lotus flower. My mother's pleasure song is turned into a whale's conversation with a pelican. I smile at the fact of a whale and pelican talking to each other. Inside my lotus everything is pink. Suddenly my lotus is bumping into something. I've never left my flower. But something tells me to bloom. I sit up straight in my lotus and for some strange reason the whale gets louder and louder. I raised my hands ready to push open my petals. *Bang Bang Bang!!!*I quickly jump out of my fantasy.
I sit up in bed quickly. My breathing begins to slow down as I try my hardest to listen. Heavy footsteps are moving across my mother's room. I could hear her dressers being opened. I sit still in the darkness. Her room door opens and the heavy footsteps are walking past my door. "Get up." my thoughts say. As I slowly pull back my covers amd my feet touch the floor I could hear my front door slam. When I open my room door I begin to feel something. A chill swept over. "Mama?" I say silently as I approach her bedroom door that is slighty ajar. "Mama?" I say again a little more louder. I push my sweaty palms to open her door. My heart stopped. I felt a wave of fear overcome me. My eyes couldn't water my heart seemed to beat slower. I calmly sit beside my dying mother who's struggling to breath. Blood is coming from the right side of her chest, another from her gut, and lastly the one in her neck. Her eyes glued to mines. Within that moment i knew so badly she wanted to say that she loved me as tears rolled down her eyes. "Baby-." was all she could say. " It's ok, I love you to mama." I melted as she softly smiled. Even covered in blood she was still the most beautiful women I've ever seen. We stayed like this; me holding her until she took her last breath. The sun colored her chocolate skin as it rose. I didn't move. "It's my birthday mama." i whispered and gently kissed her lips. It was my mom's next door neighbor Ms. Cunnin who found me covered in my mother. Even when the police came I still didn't cry. I didn't even speak to them when they asked did I see anything. In fact even in my 10 yr.old mind nothing was in color anymore.*

~ End of flashback ~