PROLOGUE.

THE MERAKI EFFECT.
[ PROLOGUE: GOODBYE PRESENT ]
❝ TAKE ME BACK TO THE BASICS
AND THE SIMPLE LIFE. ❞

Dear People of the Present,

Pain.
Pain.
Pain.
Pain.

There's so much pain. Too much pain.

The pain I feel is almost too surreal. It's like slowly drowning in a pit of lava, it burns you, ripping away your existence piece by piece. Then suddenly you're pulled out and thrown into an ice bath. Your body becomes stiff and cold, the fiery sensation still resting within your body. There is no escaping this pain. It traps you inside your own flesh and bone.

I never knew what pain like this felt like. After all, you never know until it hits you home.

All over the world there is suffering just like mine. My heart felt for those, my sympathy went out to them. Announcements of deaths on the news always struck me with grief. However, I did not feel the pain their loved ones were feeling. How could I? I didn't personally lose them. In situations like those all we can do is say our condolences and pray for the better of the world.

But what's the use of praying for a world where all your friends are dead? What's the use of praying for a world that was destined for destruction from the start?

There will always be misery and misfortune in a world alone.

I don't want to be alone anymore. I yearn for them every beating second of my heart. God I wish I could see them again, hug them again. I refuse to feel this pain any longer.

So this is where I sign off, my last goodbye to the people of present. I will no longer walk among you. I will no longer live in a place where everyone I love is gone.

Goodbye to the present. Farewell to the sorrow. I will never see tomorrow. For I will be gone, into the past where there was never any wrong.

I give my soul to the darkness for just them— the souls that deserved better.

Their happiness will give me a taste of paradise before I enter the blazing gates of hell.

Ten years with them is worth an eternity of torture.

So come on devil and give me a kiss. Take me back to the start just this once.

Yours Truly,
Angelina Alegría

— NOT EDITED
WORD COUNT: 433
— i'm ready for more angst. are you?

[ DEDICATED TO JustSav !! I'M PRETTY SURE EVERYONE IS FAMILIAR FOR YOUR WORK ESPECIALLY ME SINCE I LOVE IT MORE THAN ANYTHING! YOU GOT SOME BLESSING TALENT. ]