castle.

she was over it. all of it. the talk, the noise, the lifestyle, the wealth. everything. she spent 18 years of her life being interviewed, on billboards, her face and name plastered on magazine covers. it was time she did something for herself for once.

it happened on a summer day in '93. she packed her bags and headed straight for the train station. as she approached the ticket booth, she felt a sense of discomfort. was it homesickness? anxiety? second thoughts? whatever it was, there'd be no use crying about it. she's already committed .

she made her way to the lone booth window, to see a lousy, tired old woman smoking a cigarette.

"where to, miss?" she perused with no expression, clearly uninterested.

"can i get one ticket to your furthest destination?" she asked politely.

"well sweetheart, i'd suggest you go to the second furthest," she mumbled, unsure.

"well, why's that?"

"you don't want to go to the furthest location from here. those are the badlands. we don't go there."

and after a bit of convincing, ashley was on her way to the badlands. she would live her life for once. no one telling her what to do.

as the women got all the information for the ticket, she asked, " and what's your name, dear?"

"ash -. . . halsey."