Memories and Mishaps (Verse 1)

"Three years..." the young woman thought, "It's been three years since I've run into those two again." She lowered her head at the vision of the two men smiling at her and walking off. After the battle with Umanosuke and Kariya, the three of them had parted and went their separate ways, leaving young Fuu to fend for herself once again. She worked at a local teahouse run by a kind old man named Kazuto and his wife Hana. Fuu didn't mind the couple since they gave her a place to sleep and food to eat. However, it wasn't all peace for the young woman. From time to time she'd find herself stuck in the same old routine of being kidnapped by perverts and ruffians and often times, she would find herself in trouble with the law and forced to work in brothels.

Luckily, Fuu was a master at escaping just before those slime balls could have their way with her. Her virginity had been threatened many times from working brothels but Fuu was a sneaky and smart girl. It was as through escaping from those situations had become a talent of sorts. Fuu prided herself in her craftiness and ability. Sometimes the young woman would imagine what her old friends Mugen and Jin's reactions would be to this. She would even boast about it when she found herself alone in a room for a while. Talking as though they were right there with her. Realizing this, she often became flustered and caught herself before Kazuto-san or Hana came to check on her. Fuu swore she was going crazy at this point. To clear her mind, she went out to town to see if she could by some yakimanju for herself and Kazuto's wife. Because Kazuto was an older, more frail man with a picky appetite, he was not a yakimanju type of guy, so Fuu decided to just purchase some fried"mitarashi" dango for the old man instead.

With what little money the young woman had, she had purchased the dango from a sweet little old lady at a dango stand. Before paying regular price, the old woman stopped Fuu. "No need my dear, the second one is on the house today!" Fuu blank in confusion before smiling gratefully. "Really? Thank you so much!" Fuu bowed, at her before taking the sticks and heading back towards the direction of the Kazuto residence. She hadn't gotten far before catching her foot on something and nearly falling flat on her face. However, rather than feeling her face meet the dirt road, she was surprised to find someone had caught her and brought her to her feet. She opened her eyes to find a strong set of hands wrapped around her. One securely around her waist and one dangerously close to one of her breasts. "Wh-What are you doing, you pervert? Unhand me this instant!" She yelled, a wave of embarrassment coming over her. She swiftly punched olive skinned man in the gut. Causing him to loosen his grip.

"Is that really anyway to treat the guy who just saved your ass?" The gruff voice replied, a tinge of annoyance following it. Fuu's eyes widened, tears welling in her eyes. She couldn't believe it. The syllables escaped from her mouth quietly as he turned to her.

"Mugen?"

The man immediately let go. He started to walk away before Fuu realized and grabbed him by the arm, revealing an all too familiar tattoo that had been cleverly hidden by the long lenghth of his new haori sleeve. Without a doubt. It was him. Though his hair was longer and tied back and clothes had changed, she knew that face anywhere. The rugged man from a not so distant past. Mugen stopped moving as he felt her hand wrap firmly around his wrist. There was no more hiding it. The man turned towards her, revealing his face. "Yo." He said with a straight expression. Fuu stood in disbelief. Not sure what to make of this situation.