Fear Of Love24

Chapter 24

“Why are we here?” I asked

“Well” Bryce started “We used to live around here and I used to come here a lot just to let off some steam. I always loved it here, the smell of the trees, and the pond over there” he pointed over to my right and I saw a small, but pretty, pond with little fountains here and there.

“It is pretty,” I looked around at the pine and birch trees and then looked at Bryce

“Mhm” Bryce said, looking at me.

We walked on the pathway for a while before coming to a bench right across from an ice cream stand. When we got to the bench Bryce motioned to it

“You wanna sit while I get us some ice cream?” He asked

“Yea that would be great”

“Cool what do you want?”

“Um, I’ll have one of those tall icees. You know that one that’s different colors and it makes your mouth turn blue but it’s really good”

“I think I know exactly what you are talking about” Bryce smiled at me and then turned around and went to get the ice cream. I sat there watching him order and pay, ‘Why was he doing this?’ I wondered ‘Why was he being so nice to me and why in the world did he even like me?’

“Here you go” Bryce handed me the icee and sat down next to me

“Thanks” I said “What did you get?”

“Actually” Bryce looked at it “I don’t know” He laughed “I just told the guy to surprise me. I think it’s Chocolate Éclair”

We sat and ate our ice cream in silence.

“Well I have to get home” I said after a while

“Alright lets go then” Bryce stood up and took our trash to the garbage can. “Ready” I nodded and we started for his truck.

“Thanks for taking me to see that today. It’s was fun. I don’t think I’ve ever been to Stevens Point before”

“Really?” Bryce looked at me like I was insane “Wow, You’re really deprived” he said after I nodded. We laughed, it sounded good, his laugh and my laugh our together laugh.

“I guess I am” I looked out the window and watched the scenery for a while and then spoke again “So, have you given any thought to like if you’re going to college or anything?”

“Yea I have actually, I’ve been thinking about going to Steven Point, I’ve heard they have really good teachers and they have a team there” I looked at him with confusion “An archery team I mean”

“Oh I didn’t know you Arched” I smiled at him, not knowing if that was the correct grammar but not caring.

“Yea I got started with my Dad and that’s really the only thing I have left of him, you know? But it’s a great sport I love it.”

“It sounds like it” I said “I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody shoot a bow before”

“Really? Well I’ll take you sometime. There’s an indoor range in Omro that I like going to. Maybe you can even shoot”

“HAHA I don’t think so” I said “I’d probably shoot the ceiling or something”

“OH I doubt that” Bryce looked at me and smiled.

We talked almost the whole rest of the way home about school and college and archery and other hobbies. I found out Bryce is good with his hands and might want to go into construction even.

When we got to my house I was reluctant to get out of the truck

“Thanks Bryce” I said “I had a good day, and I’m not just saying that”

“Good” He smiled and I hopped out

“See you in the morning” I looked through the open window “8:00 at the church on 9th”

“Sounds good. I’m looking forward to it” I stepped back from the truck and waved to him as he drove away.

~

That night, after shoving down a microwave TV dinner, I plunked down on the sofa and flipped on the television. There was nothing on so I grabbed my laptop and logged onto yahoo messenger.

Online Contacts:

J zackz_the_man22

J missionmandy<3

K smarendi_94

J kasey_the_babe

‘Great’ I thought “Zack’s on. I hope he doesn’t talk to me”

*DING* zackz_the_man22 has invited you to a three way conversation with kasey_the_babe  ACCEPT? DECLINE?

‘He better be apologizing’ I thought

You have ACCEPTED zackz_the_man22 ‘s invitation. You are now connected to the three way