Land of Nightmares

Jacks POV
I'm running. Fast. Faster. I keep running, but I can hear his footsteps behind me.
"Faster!" She screams running next to me. I obey. I run as fast as my legs can carry me. We make it another block. I hear her scream.
"Ma!!!" I yell turning back to try to help.
"Keep going Sean. RUN!" The last part was shill. He had just payed the first punch on her face.
"RUN!" She screamed again. I turn reluctantly and began to run again. Faster. Run. Run! RUN! I couldn't run fast enough. My heart was pumping it of my chest. RUN! The word echoed over and over in my head. RUN! I could hear her shrill screams coming from behind me. RUN! I ran until I collapsed. I couldn't run anymore. But he was still after me.

I woke up. I was sweating. Mark sat next to me. He was hugging me tightly. He kept whispering that it was over, and that everything would be alright. The thing was nothing would be alright until I was sure he was gone. My nightmares would never go away until I knew he couldn't catch me. So I just sat in marks arms sobbing.
"It's gonna be okay jackaboy. Don't cry." He said quietly.
"Nothing will ever be okay until I'm sure he is dead or locked up. I will never stop having these nightmares until I know he can't hurt me or anyone that I love. I won't let him do it again. Never again." I said still crying on marks shoulder. "Never." At that remark I stood up and wiped my tears away. I walked to the bathroom to get a shower and erase any traces of a tear. I was done crying. It was time to do something.

Marks POV
Jack was kicking in his sleep. He kept mumbling the word run. I shook his arms but he wouldn't wake up, so I just hugged him and kept whispering that I was here and everything was gonna be fine in his ear. He finally snapped out of the terrible nightmare that had a hold of him. He started to hug me back. Then he started to sob.
"Its gonna be okay jackaboy. Don't cry." I whispered into his ear. But he replied with the words nothing will be okay, and mumbled that he would never let him hurt anyone he loves again. He then stood up and walked to the bathroom. I sat there in silence. What do you do when your best friend is having nightmares that you can't stop. No matter how bad I want to I can't help him. I can only be here for him when he needs me. He needs to face his fears to get over this. But he needs to realize that himself, so I got up and got dressed for the day.
_____________________________________
Sad chapter, but hope you enjoyed it anyways!