Prologue

*This is my first piece and I hope you enjoy. Special thanks to Violet_Splash for helping out with the first paragraph and prologue!*

My name is Hermione. I live at Dreaded Dreams orphanage with four other girls, Charlotte, Gabby, Zoe and Jocelyn. I'm the oldest of all five of us being 15. This orphanage is as old as dirt but, with five children roaming around the abandoned house cleaning everything for as long as we'll live, the place is not too shabby. Every day for us is another chance to hope for a parent or, someone who will take us in and care for us but, we all know that when that day comes is the day when Miss. Whitson, our caretaker actually treats us like real people....

The orphanage is owned by Miss. Whitson a cruel and heartless person that would only feed us once a week. Usually it's all of her expired food that she kept in the back if the closet. You're really lucky if it isn't infested with some type of bug that died from all of the stupid preservatives or whatever junk that is in. One time a girl who used to live here many years ago died from the wrath of Miss. Whitson, just because when she was supposed to be cleaning she snuck into the kitchen and ate one of her cookies. Hints why it is called "Dreaded Dreamed Orphanage"

None of us know who our real parents are and most of us are lucky if they're even alive....

    Did I not mention that Miss. Whitson was a heartless, cruel and deceiving person that hated everything colorful and locked us in the basement with no heat. I only get to go outside when I need to go to Joe's , all we do everyday is clean. Clean. Clean.

But, that all was about to change...........