Prologue

Joe Urban was born in Kent, Ohio to Jennifer and Joseph Urban in their trailer home. Shortly after, his mother was found face down in a ditch, naked, with only her grandmother's pearl earrings hanging from the newly made piercings in her nipples. Joseph Urban told detectives that he had been at Ray's all night, and the bartenders agreed that he had been drunk out of his skull and spent the night in a booth at the bar. No arrests were ever made. Joseph took his son to Philadelphia, where his ex wife lived, to raise him. This, however, was also short lived, as Jeanette was also found dead several months later. Joseph Urban was arrested after twenty minutes of searching the appartment where he had tucked in his son ever so gently just hours before. Because of his son's young age, he was released to take care of the child while the trial proceeded. He fled, unsurprisingly, back to Kent with Joe. Before he was gunned down in his home, three more bodies of women who were connected to Joseph were found in the Philadelphia factory where he had worked. He was shot on sight with Joe sitting at his feet on the front steps of their trailer. The officers were surprised when the 8 month old didn't cry the entire time he was in police custody after the events of June 12th, 1969. Joe was placed with his grandmother, Jennifer's mother, in New York state. She was a very young grandmother, and had come from India with her daughter in the 40s. She was a devout Muslim radical, named after satan, Shytar carried out several mass murders at Christian festivals in New York and New Jersey, and was eventually arrested in 1972. She was also charged for child abuse for bathing Joe in boiling hot water in attempts to darken his skin. She resented him for being too white. Joe was placed in foster care, bouncing from house to house, especially as his new parents discovered hobbies he picked up over the years. Several small mammals and foster families later, Joe was placed in custody of the state and of a very clean, very white-clothed nurse at the local mental institute in Kent.