Antecedent

A/N: Yaaaay! Finally, my first fanfic! Sorry in advance if it sucks but, hey, I'm trying. Also, I am writing this on my tablet, which is possessed by a demon that just hates me. Warning: this chapter contains violence/blood, so if you're squeamish about that type stuff I suggest you skip the first two paragraphs. 'Kay, enough delaying, here it is, folks!

   "Hey," the man slurred, pointing his index finger at Jack lazily, "Lucky Charms! D'you have my money, yet?" Jack flinched as the drunken man stumbled in his direction. "I, uh, I-i don't have it yet. Besides, I... I didn't think you were expecting it 'til Wednesday, Billy," Jack stuttered, his usually energetic Irish accent transforming into a weak, timid voice he could barely recognize as his own. "Well, its tonight now," Billy paused, his extremely small brain probably trying to come up with an insult. Jack took this as a chance to flee. Unfortunately, Billy was much faster than a drunk should be, leading Jack to believe that he possessed extraterrestrial powers.

   Billy grabbed Jack's neck, cutting of his air supply, and shoved him into the wall behind them. Jack could see black spots dancing across his vision, noting he was most likely going to pass out. Before he could, he felt a stinging pain rupture across his cheek. Tears came forth, threatening to fall and make him look like a pessimist. Jack closed his eyes just as Billy's fist connected with his left eye socket. The pain, which Jack thought he had become used to after months of Billy's abuse, was crippling. In fact, Jack nearly blacked out from the ache spreading from his eye socket. Before Billy could make any further damage to Jack's already bruised face, the door of the Mr. Steak Jack had been having dinner at just moments ago opened to reveal a short and handsome man.

   The man's gaze was immediately brought to Jack, shoved against the wall, and Billy, his fist poised as if he was going to Jack again. He looked around the diner angry and slightly confused, before asking the waitress in front of him, "Why aren't you doing anything?" To which she responded, rather rudely, "Sir, do you realize who that man is? That's Billy Kolesa, heir to the Kolesa crime family fortune. You don't mess with the Kolesas' and walk away without consequences!" Billy, hearing how flirty the waitress said his name, turned to wink at her. Jack ducked under Billy's arm, fleeing towards the back of Mr. Steak as nimbly and quickly as his namesake. Jack burst through the back door and clambered over the brick wall separating him from freedom in the form of an alleyway.

   A/N: So, short chapter is short. I'll probably be updating this in a few weeks since I'm terrible at updating Wattpad.