T w e l v e

| Time To Play |

Caius' POV

"What is it, dear?" I turned to her and she looked nervous.

"I don't know how to say this without looking like an idiot." She began, looking at her hands.

"You are not an idiot. What do you have to ask me?"

She exhaled. "What are we?"

"Pardon?" We were vampires, is that what she was asking?

"I mean.. You're a Volturi leader, and I'm just a guard member. I know that it is wrong for me to think about you the way I do. But when we kissed I felt something. Though I can't imagine you felt it too." She raked a hand through her hair and turned from me. "This is stupid." She muttered.

"I felt it too. There was some, undeniable spark."

"So where do we go from here?"

"Well what do they call it these days.. not courting but something else."

"Dating?" She suggested.

Ah that was it. "Yes, perhaps we should try that."

"Is that allowed?" She faced me again.

"I like you and you like me, I see no crime in that."

"But you're-"

I put a finger over her lips. "But I'm what? I'll tell you what I am. Completely wrapped around your finger. I care for you, I love being in your company. It has been a difficult task keeping my hands off of you. I would want nothing more than to call you mine."

She was silent, thinking. I could read her like a book, she was still having doubts.

"I know you feel strongly for me. Will you trust that I feel the same way for you? I will never do anything to hurt you, I will always put you first. I know you have been guarded, the Cullen boy was unworthy of you. If you will have me, I am yours." I held her face with my hand, and I rubbed my thumb over her cheek.

I tried to reassure her of my devotion. I was sick of being this reclusive man who was just known as a scowling face.

When closed her eyes and leaned into my touch I knew she was mine. I smiled at her peaceful expression.

"Will your brothers be mad?"

"Of course not, if anything they will be thrilled."

I kissed her nose and she giggled.

I was very new to this whole dating thing, but I was ready to try it.

~~~

Bella's POV

The feelings I had for Caius were nothing like the feelings I had for Edward. I thought I was willing to die for Edward, but now I knew those feelings were dead.

Caius was different. It was like my whole being ached when we were apart. I felt empty when his hand wasn't in mine, and the world was dark when his voice wasn't in my ear.