Sims 3 Fail 2

As you may know Alyssa is obsessed with 1D and one day Alyssa came over to my house and we played the sims. Alyssa made a 1D family with her in it and it was a few days in the game when...Zayn died. Now this wasn't just a normal you neglected your sim so he died. No, that's to normal. Apparently Liam (or nial I'm not sure which) killed Zayn in the pool.
Ya.....We where paying attention to Alyssa's sim and Louis at the time so we had no idea what was going on till.....The game took the camra back to the pool where Zayn was "killed". This is the weird part though, there where ladders all around the pool. So he didn't drown.
Then we quickly looked over the other sims trying to figure out what happened when we saw that Liam had a (the thing that has the -10 happiness on the bar.) and it was a +20 happiness for being evil. (I think. This happened a while ago and I haven't played the sims in a while.) Anyways me and Alyssa were completely confused and worried about the other sims and...Let's just say we lost Zayn and Liam to this messed up glitch.
-btw I had no mods dowloaded and still don't. But I did have some custom content till my computer crashed. So no mods made these stories happen-