Aaliyah

My father got a new job in New York, and asked me to move with him. I started to help unload my things from the U-haul truck, and into my room. We finished loading the boxes into the house by 7:00pm, so my father ordered out for dinner. I started to look for ways that I could sleep comfortably. I put my mattress on the floor and tried to make it as comfy as possible. I soon fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to an empty house, and a note on the empty fridge:
Liyah,
I had to leave out early to settle in at my new job. There's money on the fridge for you to buy breakfast and lunch while at school.

I looked at the fridge and sighed, then took the $20 and shoved it in my pocket. I continued to read his note.

I've already registered you at your new school, all you have to do is check in at the main office and collect your schedule. I love you always, and we'll talk when I come home tonight.

Love Dad

I took the note and threw it in the garbage. My father and I were never as close as he was with my sister, Indira. I was more closer to my mom, which is why I was confused as to why he chose me to come live with him instead of her. It's just, he never really took the time to know me as his daughter, I'm more of a "responsibility" to him. I wasn't excited about the move, but I was content with the idea of a new start.

I went upstairs back to my room, and went through my suitcase to gather my hygiene supplies. I proceeded to take a shower and get ready for school. I put on my The Smiths shirt, with black jeans, and checkered low top Vans. I used a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair after using Mielle's Styling Gel with Honey and Ginger. I brushed my teeth and rinse my mouth with Listerine. Then I put deodorant on and sprayed myself with coconut perfume. I grabbed my new keys to the house and walked out the door.

One thing my father tried to guilt me with, was a new car. It wasn't a Maserati, but got me to my destinations. I got into my car and drove to my new school. I arrived 15 mins later, and parked in the parking lot. I walked into the school and look around for the main office. Once I found it, I asked the lady at the front desk for my schedule, explaining that I was a new student. She smiled at me and handed me my schedule, giving me directions to my first period class. Art.

I walked into the class, and gave the teacher my note. Well aware that all eyes were on me, I walked to the back of the room near the sinks and took a seat. Next to me there was a boy, with platinum blonde hair and icy blue eyes. I looked at him for awhile and then asked him for his name.

"What's your name?" I said in a monotone voice.

"Maddox." He answered.