A Boy with a Sheriff's Hat

(Bentley's P.O.V)
It was a tiring day. Cody and I didn't get much sleep last night. So we decided to go on a run. We get dressed and grab our weapons. I pick up Kendall and we head out into the woods.

As we're walking around, I hear people walking. I stop in my place. I hear them getting closer. I turn to Cody.

"I want you to hide in the tree and don't come out till I tell you to." I sign. She gives me a scared look, but nods and takes Kendall and hides inside the hollow tree. I raise my gun and hide behind the tree next to it.
(Carl's P.O.V)
Today, I decided to go on a run with Daryl and Glenn. It's been 30 minutes and we haven't run into anything. We continue walking in the woods, when I hear footsteps. I immediately raise my gun and look around my surroundings. I didn't see anything.
The leaves start crunching.

"Who's out here!?" Daryl asks.

"Just leave us alone!" A voice calls. It was a male's voice. And he sounded young.

"We're not gonna shoot. Just c'mon out." Glenn says. It went silent, till he finally came out from behind the tree. It was a boy. He looked to be my age, but was way taller than me. His hair was a dark brown and he has hazel eyes. (I know Colin Ford has blue eyes, but just go with it.) "Who are y'all?" He demands, holding up his weapon.

"I'm Glenn, this is Daryl and Carl." Glenn replies.

The hard stare on his face softens, and he lowers his gun. "I'm Bentley," he tells us. He steps backwards and stops by a tree. He motions with his hand for someone to come out.

A girl with brown hair steps out, holding a small baby boy in her arms. She looks cared, but still gives us a small smile. She was very beautiful.

"This is my twin sister Cody, and our brother, Kendall." Bentley tells us. He takes the baby in his arms. Then he turns to the girl. "This is Carl, Daryl, and Glenn." He tells her, making weird motions with his hands. I turn to Daryl and Glenn, but they just shrug.

"She's deaf." Bentley says once he sees our confused looks. We nod.

"How many walkers have you two killed?" Daryl asks.

"A couple dozen maybe." He says.

"How many people have you killed?" Glenn asks.

A sad look washes on his face, his beautiful face. Wait, what the hell? He looks at his siblings and back to us. "T-Two."

"Why?" I ask him.

His eyes lock with mine. Pain flashes through them. "They were killed, they turned when I saw them. I-I had to protect Cody and Kendall. I didn't have a choice!" He says. A tear streams down his perfectly shaped cheekbone.

"It's alright kid." Daryl says.

"We have a prison back just a few miles. How would you feel about come back with us?" Glenn asks.

Bentley turns to Cody and motions with his hands. A smile grows on her face and she nods. He looks back at us. "Yeah, we'll go."

We start going back to the prison. Bentley stands next to me while holding his brother. He was like a foot taller than me. He looks down at me and he smiles at me. And let me tell you, he has an amazing smile.

 And let me tell you, he has an amazing smile

Why am I thinking this. Okay yes, he's hot. But I'm not gay! I'm not a fag.

(Bentley's P.O.V)
God, Carl is hot. He has the most gorgeous blue I've ever seen. They were like looking into a crystal ocean. Okay, I'm gay, I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed of it, either. I was always judged for being gay in school, but Cody never judged me. She supported me all the way. She's my best friend.

It was an awkward silence as we make our way to the prison. As I walk next to Carl, a feeling runs through my stomach. But I choose to ignore it. I can't fall for him. I'm gay, he's straight. He'll think of me as a freak. Like they all thought I was. When we arrive at the prison, my jaw drops. It was huge!

"C'mon." Daryl orders.

When we go through the gates, a guy with a beard jogs over to us. "Glenn, Daryl, Carl, who're they?" He asks.

"This is Bentley and his sister Cody, and their brother Kendall. They're alone Rick, they're scared." Glenn says.

Rick watches as I wrap my free arm around Cody, pulling her closer to me. He lets out a sigh. "Welcome. I'm Rick." He says. I smile and we shake hands.

"Is this our new home, Bent?" Cody signs. I smile at her.

"Yeah, this is our new home." I sign back to her.

816 words