Day 24

Day 24

Thing have been moving so quickly with Coral. I've never had a friend before Coral, it's very... Intense.

I love it, but things are happening so quickly! It's strange, she knows everything about me and yet I feel like I know nothing about her, almost as though she is a stranger. I know nothing about her family or... well I suppose I just don't know anything about her!

Today was a strange day. It was lunch break, I was walking towards the French room, hoping I could finish my homework for next period. A five-thousand word essay on racism wasn't particularly exciting, let alone in French. I saw Coral out of the corner of my eye. She ran across the hall to me and dragged me into one of the music rooms against my will.

"Toby!" She exclaimed,  in a somewhat ecstatic tone.

"Um... Hey Coral. Is everything okay? It's a bid weird to-"

"I wrote a song!" The girl was studying music, it hardly came as a surprise to me. In what way was this news?

"And?"

"Well... I put a video online and three hundred people watched it last night!"

"Wow! That's amazing Coral! In one night?! That's incredible-"

She pulled me into her warm embrace. She smelt like... comfort. And Coca-Cola. The girl drank way too much Coca-Cola! She practically lived on that stuff! I sometimese wondered how her teeth were so white.

"Dance with me." Coral commanded, it was not a question.

"Pardon?"

"Dance with me."

"With no music?"

"Yes. Dance with me in silence."

"You're a crazy girl. You know that, right?"

"I was expecting more chivalry." 

I guess it's okay to make a fool of myself in front of Coral. The girl's a nutjob! 

"Miss Bae, you're looking stunning on this fine day. You redefine glamour!" I said in a faux posh accent.

"Why thank you Mr. Jeinkins! It's a sure pleasure to be in your company!" She replied with bright eyes and an old-school voice, like the actresses in the old Hollywood movies. I was starting to understand why she studied theatre!

"Well Miss Bae. May I have the pleasure of this dance?" I stuck my hand out before she did the same, I kissed her hand and she faked excitement in the form of a girly squeal. I wanted it to be real.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and tilted her head up towards mine. I wrapped my arms around her dainty waist. We danced. She buried her head in my chest. This was perfect. She was gorgeous! I ran my hands through her thin, wavy hair. 

She looked up at me, with a beaming smile. Could this be it? Was Coral going to kiss me?!

"It has been a pleasure Mr. Jeinkins, but I must bade you farewell!"

She walked towards the door.

"Coral?"

She turned around.

"Yes darling?"

"What did we just do?"

"We danced."

"Why?"

"I don't know! But it was fun, wasn't it?" She said with excitement

She smiled and walked out the door.

Coral Bae was a mystery. An unsolved mystery.