Part 2

2 weeks later…   Taylor: "Where are we going?" I asked Niall as he started the car he rented. He told me it was a surprise, but I couldn't take it anymore.  "I can't tell you," he said. "Why not??" I complained. "I just can't." He kept on driving and we reached the Lincoln tunnel after about twenty minutes. Are we going back into New Jersey?.. I thought.  

Niall: "Bleep!" Taylor's phone went off. I quickly looked over and saw her look down at her phone and her smile disappeared. I quickly look back at the crowded road. The cars in front of us weren't moving at all. "Baby, what's wrong?" Her head was resting on the window and she was just closing her eyes. "Nothing." "I don't believe that," I told her. Why couldn't she just tell me things? Why did I always have to make her open up to me? "Well…"  

Taylor: I started jumbling on about how the funeral was yesterday and how nobody told me about it. I have no other family who I know.

  "My mom told me that she didn't know where I was, and she said she had had the funeral without me. She said that I couldn't have made it there anyways," I told Niall with tears streaming down my face.

"At least you get to keep the good memories of your Grandpa," he told me.

"The only thing is I wanted to see him one last time! He is the only one who actually cared when I had no one! My mom was never there, my sister was never there, and my dad…" 

"What about your dad?" he asked, looking towards the road.

"Well…" I started. "He had cancer… and didn't make it… i was only three years old!" He pulled over to make sure we didn't get into a car crash and I just balled into his shoulder.  "You're probably getting so annoyed," I told him.

"Why would I get annoyed?" he asked, and I pulled away from his hug.

"Well… I am telling you all my problems and you probably don't want to hear them."

"Baby, you can tell me anything," he said and wiped my cheek of all the tears and kissed it. "We better get going before we're late."

"For what?"

"You'll see…" after about twenty more minutes of driving in traffic, it was five o'clock as we drove into a parking lot. Niall got out of the car and opened the door. He pulled out a handkerchief and started to wrap it around my head to cover my eyes.

"What are you…" He interrupted me and put his finger to my lips. I smiled as he led me the right way. I felt a cold chill and he wrapped his arm over my shoulder to keep me warm. I was only wearing jean shorts and a tank top so I was freezing. The temperature had dropped a tad bit but Niall's warmth kept me from freezing. I felt Niall's presence behind me as he took of the blindfold. I look down at the ground to find a gravestone with the name, "Walter Wayne" engraved into the platform. 

"I looked up the place they were burying him and saw that you had missed the funeral so I knew you would want to come and say your last goodbyes," he looked down. I saw a tear drop down his cheek as he looked back up. He took his hand from behind his back and handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. My eyes started to burn up and I gave him a huge bear hug. For what felt like hours we stood in that same position, and didn't let go. I didn't want to.   

Niall: I started crying. I don't know why. But I did. We both did. We stood hugging for awhile. I couldn't  take it seeing her like this. But I wanted to help her move on from all the tragic things that had happened to her. The wet bouquet left stains of water on my back because she held them as we hugged. I let go and pointed down to the grave.  She kneeled down and slowly placed the flowers on the grass. Taylor looked up and I saw tears falling down her cheeks again. I kneeled down across from her and kissed her on the forehead.