Fangtasia

Chapter one!

-Kennedy's pov-

As the sun shined through the curtains all I could think about is having to get up and go to work later tonight. I hoped the sunshine would never fail to leave this side of the world for a few days. I needed a long vacation from Sam and work. My phone buzzed as it reminded me I had work tonight, thanks to Sam, he had texted me a reminder. In four hours I would have to leave. I shook my head as I took my feet from the coffee table and walked into the kitchen grabbing a box of coco puffs, a bowl, jug of milk, and a spoon. Best way to kick off knowing you would have to go into work later. "HEY WE HAVE WORK IN A FEW HOURS, YOU STILL ALIVE IN THERE?" I yelled to my best friend, who I knew  almost all of my life. Her name is Kerrigan... We fit together like peas and carrots. I fixed up my bowl of coco puffs and ate it as I walked towards her bedroom door.

"Hmmm... What? Why!" She asked. She sounded like she was half awake and really wanted to just sleep the rest of the day away. I looked at my phone.

"Because it is five almost and we have to leave around nine to be there by at least nine thirty. Get up, I will fix you a bowl of cereal if you want it." I took a bite out of my cereal, after a few minutes of silence I knocked on her door to mess with her. "Get up, get up, get up." I teased. "Or I could just call Sam, that'll get you up. You know how he would act if he finds out your being lazy about this. Come on, I have to take a shower and tonight is your night to take it first." It sucked having to share a bathroom sometimes, but I still loved the silly goose. I heard her grumble and the sheets getting stirred in her bedroom. I sighed in relief knowing that got her up and I walked back to the kitchen to continue eating the cereal there. I heard the bathroom door sling open and the shower head turning on. I smirked and sat down at the counter and checked my phone replying to Sam, 'okay Sam!' I sat my phone down as I finished up my cereal. How is it Sam even talkedus into taking the nightshifts anyways? After I finished eating I washed the bowl and spoon then put it away. I turned the TV on. over to the news and sat back down on the couch, propping my feet back on the table. The same old stuff was on the news VAMPIRE APOCALYPSE, VAMPIRES ARE OUT OF THE COFFINS, VAMPIRE THIS, and VAMPIRE THAT. I rolled my eyes and shrugged continuing to watch it since there wasn't anything better on now days.

"A man was found dead last night with two wholes punctured into his neck, police have yet to identify him or cause of death.Could this be a-" The tv lady, whatever her name was started talking and I zoned out on it. Same damn stuff. Kerrigan walked into the living room and she had a towel wrapped around her and she looked at me. "Is Sookie working tonight? I really need to talk to her about something." Kerrigan had a look of pain and concern and I shrugged.

"I have no idea. I will assume so. She always works ya know." Kerrigan nodded and walked away quickly to get dressed and I shook my head. I wonder what was up with Kerrigan. She looked stressed out to the max. I stood up taking that as my cue to take my shower. "I'm headed off to the bathroom now." I told her and left my phone on the coffee table as I entered the bathroom and shut the door. I stripped down, taking off my clothes and turned on the water to take a quick shower myself. After the warm hot shower, I wrapped up in a towl and walked into my bedroom drying off. I put on some black shorts, my work shirt, black vans, white bra with matching panties, and purple socks. After getting dressed I dried my hair and brushed out all the knots before heading back to the livingroom to check on Kerrigan. "Alright I am about ready Kerrigan. You ready?" I picked up my phone tucking it into my back pocket and took in a deep breath. Kerrigan didn't answer so I went to her room to see if she was okay. I peeked my head in and she wasn't there. Hmm. I walked through the house and then I looked out thekitchen window. Her honda wasn't outside so obviously she had left. "Well thanks for saying goodbye." I rolled my eyes and Igrabbed my keys to head off. I walked out the door, locking it up and headed over to my jeep. I unlocked the door and climbed in putting the keys in the ignition. I drove off to Sam's and called him up on my phone.